Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Fishing Trip In Years
And while it may not have been my kids first time fishing (maybe 3rd or 4th [:/]),it was their first trip out specific for fishing (they've stayed with my parents "at the lake" a tim eor 2,and may have fished a little from the docks...).

Anyways,started out as a day at the dam to fish from the docks,but I was quickly informed that nearly every water in my surrounding area has been labeled "Trout Water",and I could not fish without the proper,extra license. So,all the way back to the nearest town's grocery store (about 45 minutes,if motivated),bought the proper papers,and decided we'd hit a local small river that was actually between there and home.

After about and hour of no bites,I asked the kids if they were still having fun. "We want to catch a fish,Daddy!" they both said. I was casting a line as I said "Well,sometimes it just doesn't work out that way,and having fun together is actually more important than...HEY!!! Look at that!" as I caught this little Rainbow.

It's the only clear pic I got,but we caught several more of these,as well as a few Bluegill and what I assume from pictures is a Redear. Catch and release (as gently as possible) only,since no one in my household eats much in the way of fish [Smile]

Anyways,I'm really glad to have this opportunity to make some memories with my kids...I spent most of their lives on the road trucking 48 states (I always say,I got to retire at 35 last year...but a trainee had to wreck me,breaking my neck in 2 places to do it! LOL!),and am really looking forward to not only the next outing,but years to come [cool]

[Image: RainbowTrout-1.jpg]
[signature]