Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went fishing
I went fishin today and didn't catch a thing not even a little bream. I was using chicken livers for catfish and worms for bream any suggestions why they were not bitting
[signature]
try inflating your worms [Image: happy.gif] I caught a 2 lbs cat on a inflated worm
[signature]
Some days fish don't bite. One thing I would recommend is to use cut bait for cats. I use trout because I work in a trout hatchery and the cats here seem to go nuts for them. If you can catch bluegill or crappie, or perch they all should work. Ron
[signature]
A wise fisherman once told me if you caught fish everytime you went fishing, it would be called "catching" and not fishing. [Smile] Trust me I've been in your shoes a million times before, the only thing you can do is, go back out there and try it again.
[signature]
Thanks guys, I think that it's the boats that are scaring them away. Some people love to floor it close to the pier and it's a no wake zone. Plus a lot of people fish there and I think the fish have just gotten smart.
[signature]
I know catfishing is a waiting game, best 2 set your rig up and go do something else like bream fish or set limb lines/bottlelines and randomly check get a clip on bell for when they bite u can grab it. You have too basically put the bait right in front of cats 2 get a response night and morning best times. Bream ive found worms/hotdogs are good, but me and my buddy did a test he went hotdogs and i used a small spinner bait rigged with a small scurted jigg and a sinker head i caught 1 bass 2 goggleeye and a few other panfish by the time he caught 2 on the ol cork tech. Its all about seeing what they are hitting on that day, just keep switchin your tech. and baits you will get better results.
[signature]
I also have too add i agree with idahoron cut baits work very well for catfish. Ive tryed the stinkbait but i get more hits from hotdogs/live/cutbaits, ive tryed livers with little luck. Ive heard you can use any kind of bar soap aswell if you want 2 try something different lol. Yes i did say soap(anti-bacterial,Whatever-it works).
[signature]
Like most said. some days the fish just don't bite. We've been at our favorite pond and caught 1lb crappie all day and went back the next day and not get a bite all day long on anything we tried.

But with cats like was said on slow days like that try something unusual. Like a homemade dough bait. You can find recipes everywhere online.

I make one using Oats, Maple Syrup, Flour and some minced up shrimp. I mix it til its not sticky anymore and will dough up on a treble hook. On days when none of the traditional baits are getting even a nibble I've caught a few catfish and even carp on that bait.

Good luck!
[signature]