Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gone fishin sat but where to go!?
hey everyone....first post here......moved up to johnstown almost a year ago been fishin the big spots every now and then.....never did really good.....i do not have a boat so i am a shore fisherman.....i like to fish for bass but i will fish for whatever is biting! i was wonderin if there were any places that anyone would suggest within an hour and a half drive....where to go there and what would be the best baits/lures to use? thanks for all the input!
[signature]
I cant give you any spiciffics, but if you like I can look up the nearest bodies of water near you that might have a fish or two in it.

congrats on the move, hope you will share your fishing reports with us, We dont need to know exactly where you caught them, just the state you got them in would be cool.[:p]
[signature]
yeah i checked on the fish and boat commision website and i got a little bit of info but most of the places mainly seemed like places to fish by boat.....and lucky me i dont have a boat! lol
[signature]
Depends what ya wanna fish for really,, Lake Trout and Walleye are good at the Raystown Spillway. Crappie is good from shore at Wilmore Dam just to the left of the boat launch. Trout are good at Duman Dam and Lake Rowena both from shore. hope this helps out, Any questions feel free to ask more
[signature]
thanks alot for the info....but today went out to quemohoning dam caught a nice sized pike some small bass and alot of sun fish then went down to ruby tuesdays for lunch/dinner then hit up somerset dam and my buddy caught a nice bass and a few sunfish and alot of sun!!!! all and all it was a pretty nice day but i'll have to keep those few places in mind!
[signature]
Welcome to the form and the area! Another area you might want to try is High Point lake. Nice bass and alot of pike in there. Yellow creek lake is a good place to fish from shore as well. If you like crappie then i suggest that next weekend you take a trip to gledale lake in Prince Gallitzin state park. It clear up on the top tip of cambria county but its worth the drive. If you decide to go to any of these places let me know and i can tell you good spots. BTW Wilmore dam is a great place for bass and there is some good shore fishing there. You can access both sides of the lake and there is a trail running the length of the entire lake. I live close by and i always have luck there. Keep in mind i have a boat and my shore fishing smarts is kinda limited but i do know of some places that will work out well for you. just let me know where you decide to go.
[signature]