Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spawning help
hey everyone, hope you are enjoying the warming weather and water, i was wondering if someone could help me with a problem. my problem is that i live near some small ponds and its the time of year that they are spawning and i found a group of 3 3-5lb bass that i cant get to bite, the weird thing is is that they are all taking turns protecting the nests, not just their own, its 2 small nests and sense they are doing this they are never in one place long enough to get them to bite anything, and the one time i got them to be interested, 2 pointed their noses at it a few inches away just staid there, i tried swim baits, jigs , tubes , what else should i try, im only 16 so i still haven't found my niche and its only the second year i have actually fished the spawn.
thanks for the help
good luck
[signature]
put on your largest lure. or go buy one of those 5 or 6 in plugs and just pound the lure around them. Eventually they will strike out of frustration.
[signature]
if you can see then drop the lure right in the middle of the bed and wait for them to pick it up.my exsperience is they will pick up and move anything on there beds
[signature]
i tried a large swimbait-around 3.5 ounces, i even waked them with it and ..... nothing and a person that i usually talk to while fishing caught soooo many,luckily he helps me sometimes.
it looked like he was using a wacky rigged worm, does this tell you anything i should know.
thanks for the help
[signature]
i know it sounds weird, but they are much more protective or the area near the bed then the actual bed, it seems like they could care less, im puzzled
[signature]
is this place you're fishing popular? I mean is it fished alot? those bass aren't as dumb as you think and if this is a popular fishing spot then they probably have seen it all and know not to even give your presentation a second look...

So think out of the box. put like three soft plastic lizards on one hook and toss it right in the bed. LEAVE IT THERE for over a minute then just twitch it about a inch. then leave it again for 30 seconds maybe longer.

try insane stuff that they might have never encountered and you will get them to strike.
[signature]
I'll be fishing Friday so this will help me too. Thanks guys.
[signature]