Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Wyoming by Boat, new decal to buy $30 Non Resident
So, you are saying that a FEE and a STICKER is the cure? This can not possibly be accomplished through educating and NO EXTRA FEE?

Wyoming & Idaho are charging Utahns almost $100. for a license, where Locals are paying $24.!? Why so much for out of state? Where is that almost $75. going? What are we getting out of this?
[signature]
In ID your getting access to the high water mark of streams and rivers.
In WY, you get nothing, and like it.
[signature]
I've allready taken and submitted the survey, hopefully enough concerned people in Utah will complete the survey of proposed new fishing laws for 2011 with personal comments and suggestions, and Fish & Game will take these into account.
[signature]
SO WHERE DO THEY SELL THE STICKERS.? I NEED 1. THANX.[Wink]
[signature]
here is a list of where to buy the stickers ,in unita and sweetwater counties.

GREEN RIVER SWEETWATER HARDWARE 400 UINTA DR 307‐875‐1520
GREEN RIVER PAYLESS LIQUOR & SPORTING GOODS 50 E. FLAMING GORGE WAY 307‐875‐2439
GREEN RIVER GREEN RIVER REGIONAL OFFICE 351 ASTLE AVE. 307‐875‐322

EVANSTON RIP'S GROCERY 98 COUNTY ROAD 307‐789‐3854
EVANSTON UINTA SPORTING GOODS & PAWN 120 FRONT STREET 307‐789‐0515
EVANSTON WAL‐MART #1456 125 N SECOND STREET 307‐789‐0010
EVANSTON SPORTSWORLD 524 FRONT STREET 307‐789‐6788

MOUNTAIN VIEW BENEDICT TRADING CO. 950 N. HWY 414 307‐782‐3581
[signature]
I had a tag on my windshield in the lucerne parking lot in february from the Utah DWR about the mussels, but I couldn't find any info on their website. There were only 4 boats on the lake that saturday, and we all got ticketed by Utah. The $10/$30 difference is nothing new, non-residents always pay more than residents for privileges anywhere. I stopped buying non-res utah fishing license when they hit $70 even though I am only 15 minutes drive from utah lakes. I would like to see a regional tag for mussel prevention that would do something to eliminate the threat in the western states, but the fact is the gorge will probably get the mussels sooner or later. Electric lake and red fleet have them, what is UDWR doing to get rid of them there? Flaming Gorge is one of the best fisheries in the US, and sees boats from all over the country and Canada every week. The only hope I see in avoiding it is to post enough signs and have enough people involved that it stops an angler and makes him think about where his boat has been before launching if he is from out of the area.
I guess the real question for us all is not the fact that wyoming has the fee, but why doesn't Utah?
[signature]
Click on the second pic and read the last couple of lines.
[signature]
That's the problem with mussels, you can't get rid of them. That's why it's so important to keep them out.

There is now mandatory washes at Red Fleet. A technician is on-site from the time boats arrive, until the time they leave, so they can decontaminate all boats. Fortunately, no adults have been found in the reservoir yet, only veligers (larval form) back in 2008.

UT doesn't charge a fee, because it's currently funded by the UT State legislature. That could change though. WY is charging a fee, because their legislature will not pay for their AIS program after this first year. The money from the decals will be their budget for AIS prevention in the future.

Hope that helps some.
[signature]
go to wyoming game and fish you will need your boat number
[signature]
I would almost bet that if Utah does the sticker program, there will be no change in how they stop IN. SP. from entering Utah waters. They'll take the money and run! [angelic]
[signature]
thanx!!! i printed that!!![Wink]
[signature]
You are right on the higher for out of staters always being there, but there is many issues that HAVEN'T always been there.
All these new fees and I am not talking a dollar here and a dollar there.
Get use to it? Not hardly.
Will I go to Wyoming? Nope., but I am just one.
[signature]
one down lot's more to go lol[laugh]
[signature]
They'll get my $30...IF I can ever find a whole weekend to get to the gorge. Heck the fee could be $100 for out of staters and I would still pay.....I would complain, but in the end I would pay and the only Wyoming water I fish if the gorge!
[signature]
Careful what you wish for. They don't get OUR money, who do you think they will hit[cool]
[signature]
Ryno so are these form's going to be availible at the wyoming ramp's?becouse so far this yr they havent been there.
[signature]
If they are going to charge that much they should be inspecting like powell is doing. Turnabout is fair play, UT should hit out of staters 30 bucks as well. It's not WY vs UT, far more out of staters come to the Gorge. I don't want to pay 30 bucks but if it were actually doing something to prevent this muscle from getting into the Gorge I'd gladly pay that. Truthfully UT and WY should wave the out of state fees for each other and add to other states. The resevoir is in both states after all.
[signature]
that's the thing only a few of you will stop fishing wyoming a handfull wont make the difference[cool].if or when utah does it guess what I will pay what ever the price is and keep Smileing the whole way to the lake[laugh][laugh][laugh]. and I only fish utah 2month's out of a yr but it would be a price I would have to pay to play.[cool]
[signature]
I guess most of the DH's in WY. must live around the Gorge as I haven't ran into this type of attitude toward non-residents any where else in the state. I still haven't got any response on the bourbot situation in the Gorge I believe they came from (YOUR) side of the pond.[:p]
[signature]
fishley is right. only a few will not fish becaulse of this new fee. i will pay to play. i love the wyo sides giant kokes... and i love swim. utah will fallow sooner than we all think. utah is a money grabbing sob. higher taxes and lesser wages. we as utahns just take it. so keep grabbing for moore from us. so it is comming get ready.[Wink][:/][mad] [pirate]
[signature]