Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boulder Basin 5/15 & 5/16
Took the boat out Saturday and Sunday. I caught a couple off the wall on Saturday between 8pm and midnight. Chummed with chovies and baited with sardines.

Sunday we beached at the big island off of boulder beach. I started chumming with corn and it brought in a bunch of bluegill. We snagged a bunch on salmon egg hooks baited with corn. Most were very small but I managed to catch a 7" fatty bluegill that was very sketchy. It took about 5 minutes before he finally took the bait. His belly was bright orange. Released him before I thought of taking a pic. I lost something that felt sizable right after that due to a bad knot! I was being lazy and didn't retie my rig from the night before. I won't be doing that anymore. I caught 1 good size striper, photo attached.

I've been learning the boat and entertaining guests so I haven't gotten to focus entirely on fishing quite yet. I will be able to soon and hopefully have some more productive trips.

I'm curious about the barge/crane looking thing off of boulder harbor. The buoys say "blasting zone" on them. Is that where they are building the new water inlet for the municipal water system?
[signature]
Nice Stripe Erawk! [cool]
[signature]
Yeah that is where the intake will be. They are blasting a 60 foot deep hole in the lake floor right there. I have been keeping my distance.
[signature]
Thanks Whizzle. Haha, yeah I did get close enough to read the buoys but I will be keeping my distance from now on as well. [pirate]
[signature]
Thanks NParry
[signature]