Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Fish, Mackerel & More in Pine Island Sound
West Coast Fishing Charters<br>Captain Kirk SanCartier<br>Fishing the areas of Pine Island Sound, Matlacha, Sanibel, Cape Coral and Charlotte Harbor<br><br><br>Well it is February and we have started off great. On my last charter we got into some nice reds, not real big but fun to catch after fishing. After fishing for a couple of hours we decided to move over to the grass flats where we made or casts count and did well with some trout. They were nice in size and gave us a good fight on 10 lb test line. There were also some Lady fish caught and some Spanish Mackerel all in all the day was pretty steady catching and the weather has finally settled down to make an enjoyable time on the water. Later in the week, we had a young man who wanted to catch a good fighting fish and on our way to look for some Reds I spotted a school of Jacks. As some of you know there is no better fighting fish in this range for a young person to catch. They fight like a truck being pulled up a hill; my client caught several nice fish with some weighting in as big as 10 lbs. They are a big fight on light line and since we were not keeping our catch, they decided to stay and have fun with the Jacks for the remainder of their charter. Many fish were caught and a new fisherman was born or should I say ‘hooked’. Looking forward to seeing them next year. It’s getting close to Tarpon season and I think it will be a good year. Schedule and book your trip now so you won’t be scrambling for a guide during the season. Remember, take a kid fishing and share the joy that we all experience. It is one the best ways to spend time together. This report has been brought to you by West Coast Fishing Charters, call us at 1-888-476-6656 or 941-283-9340 or 941-823-2278 (cell) or visit us on our web site at www.WestCoastFishingCharters.com, e-mail us at FishingCaptain@yahoo.com. See you on the water and tight lines. <br><br>Capt. Kirk SanCartier<br>West Coast Fishing Charters<br>www.WestCoastFishingCharters.com<br>