Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgent need for info, on Simms waders
Have only a few days to make a decision between Simms G3 Guide stocking foot for $429 or Simms Headwaters stocking foot Chest waders for $249 or Simms Rivershed II stocking foot for 199.99 was $299 (Sale goes off in a few days). I don't give a dang about the Rivershed being convertible to waist-high. What I want is durability w/o leaks for as long as possible for the price.
Any help would be appreciated. [:/]
[signature]
Bought my son Headwaters for his 21st Bday, He's headed into 4th season and he fishes a LOT. They are in great shape!@. He dries, stores them well. For what it's worth....
[signature]
I LOVE my G3 guides! I'd recommend them any day of the week! They are super comfortable, and have 5 layer goretex vs the headwaters 3 layer goretex. The headwater's are nice too, but you don't get the inner pocket that holds a ton of stuff, and the fabric is the performance shell vs the pro shell fabric the g3's come with.

Either way you'll be getting an awesome pair of waders. If you haven't had a chance to, go into Anglers Den and try them both on, you never know 100% until you try em on.
[signature]
Id go wit the G3's they much better in quality then the headwaters if you going to buy Simms forget about the river shed you can get Cabelas waders the same as the rivershed.
[signature]
why not try the cabelas "high end" ones? i think they are 200 bucks and in my opinion, outlast most (not all) of Simms products.
[signature]
Another vote on the g 3's I have had good success with mine but they are spendy.
[signature]
Consider splurging on the G3 guides if you'll be using them from a float tube and covering limited distances on streams. They'll probable last long enough to pay off. If you're rough on your waders they won't last any longer than many cheaper pairs and I wouldn't spend the money.
[signature]