Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
muskie tips
I have been reading through numerous articles and info on tiger muskie fishing as my brother and i have decided we would like to catch one this year. Have read a tone of good information but alot of it is more personal opinion than anything(which i understand as everyone has something that works for them), but i would like to gather more info and what i have been able to find thus far is very limited. I am not after a trophy fish altho it would be nice, have no intention on keeping any, i just want to catch one. If anyone has any tips or tricks they would like to share it would be much appreciated. We will be fishing utah and idaho for them, and already know which reservoirs have them.
[signature]
black buzz baits in summer.[Wink]
[signature]
RAT L TRAPS!!!!
chrome if its sunny
firetiger when overcast
[signature]
i love casting casting the biggest plugs i have into 10 ft dropoffs,where the weeds stop and deep0 water begins in the morning and evenings.when the sun comes up, and it warms up we troll 5-7 mph searching different areas for feeding fish.when the weather goes cold we go to large suckers on stick bobbers .the bigger the sucker the better.when i say big i mean 12-15".the fall they feast on big stuff tryin to get ready for winter. we even getv a few walleyes this way.the holes i try to get the suckers from only gives me a couple that big,so most are around 8 and they do well for everything.nighttime i go to the biggest jitterbug i can find.and if it has a rattle even better.spring time i got to inline spinners(musky killersd, buchertails ect..)yellow purple red seem to the best for me,chartreuse seems to get more pike imo.
[signature]
Although several of the tiger muskie's feeding habits mirror those of the pure muskie, the fish also behaves like a northern pike. While standard pike and musky lures will attract tiger muskie, the key to successful fishing lies in choosing the right colors. As a rule, bright, flashy lures are best on overcast days when water is cloudy or dark. Sunny and clear water conditions commonly call for gold, black, purple or brown lure colors.

[url "http://www.ehow.com/list_6715562_tiger-muskie-fishing-tips.html#ixzz18Hw2yjtv"][/url]
[signature]
[cool]
well timing is key to good trips. wait till water warms above 60. i like buzz baits and big rapalas. but if you want real good info. look here the next bite . com go to the videos section and look at the past 6 seasons. you will learn alot from pete...[Wink]
[signature]
[fishin]
the warmer the water the faster the retrieve slow down when the water temp gets under 60f...fish of 10,000 cast so be patient troll at 4-5 mph in the summer and 4 during fall(cold)..always do a figure 8 at the end before you re-cast musky are famous for following all the way to shore or boatside then turning away.
[signature]