Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Lake and Spinners
Well got into Grand Junction a little early today and since the weather was so nice I had to hit the water. After debating between a float on Highline or bank tangling on West Lake I chose West lake. Now why they call that small pond a lake who knows, but wow it was an afternoon. I took along my ultralight rod to see what I could pull out. I rigged up a spinner with a Red/white stripe blade for I was told that there are some bass and trout in it. Well I caught some fish but they were neither bass nor trout. I found that the sunfish were very good at impaling themselves on hooks today. See pics. They were not very big but it was still fun!!![cool] I would recommend this pond for families with kids, especially if you are introducing them to the sport for the first time.
[signature]
Nidce! Looks like fun!!
[signature]
It was fun. I was surprised at how aggressive those small green sunfish were. Hadn't had any attack spinners before. I will have to go back there in a couple of weeks and take the kids. Now that the Grand Mesa is open I gotta get up there too.[Smile]
[signature]
those are rock bass i believe!
[signature]
They're green sunfish. Pretty fish.
[signature]