Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bowhunters time is running short !
i usually keep up on my bow skills year round , but the thought of winning a B.F.T. rod in the ultimate 16 species contest has had me slinging more line than arrows .

i admit it , when it comes to these rods , I'M GREEDY !

now i have a bear hunt coming up in a couple weeks , and we have some in the area . in fact last night , the d.n.r. was in our area to dispatch another rouge bear . it's possible the bear was hit by a car , wounded , and became a threat to everyone , at least thats the rumor that has gone around .

i dusted off the bow for a few shots . here is my two stands in the yard for practice .

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=323;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=324;]

these are the patterns i held , yes a little rusty , i usually nock a few arrows or split them in two .

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=320;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=319;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=321;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=322;]

no , i'm not off the mark either ( green spot ) for the vertical angle i'm shooting at these shots cover the lungs and heart , the green dot would be a double lung shot if on a horizontal plane .
[signature]
[Smile] Nice setup lonehunter, and nice grouping !!!!

Flagmanonice.......... I start baitin next week !! [Smile][Smile][cool][cool][sly][sly]
[signature]
Looking good[Smile] I have been out scouting and seeing some nice deer. It won't be long before the opener. I put in for a turkey permit for your area. I hope I get one. Will be cleaning up the salmon rods this week in hoping to head up some where to tackle a king or two. Plus in a month small game opens up and I'm looking forward to some fresh grouse.
[Smile][Smile][Smile]you gotta love fall time [Smile][Smile][Smile]
SO MUCH TO DO!!!
[signature]
ya I kinda like october.

load every thing but the big guns when going up north. every thing is open. including chinook[Wink]
[signature]