Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anniversary ideas
Ok, this is not even outdoors related, but I'm looking for some quick anniversary ideas. We will be staying local, and it is only a couple of weeks away, but I would love to hear your ideas of places to go for a couple of nights. We have already done the anniversary inn thing and it was nice. We also did the Alaskan Lodge up Ogden canyon which was really nice. Any other ideas?
We are on a little bit of a budget (no $200/night places) and need to stay somewhat close to a city as she is 6 months pregnant, but would like a bit of a get-away at least?
Any thoughts?

.......and spending the time fishing is probably out of the question. Smile I want to make it nice for HER.
[signature]
[font "Courier New"][#004080][size 3]Well, I'm not a typical woman... fishing would be MY choice. But, other than that, here's some ideas I have. They're more like one-day dates, rather than a whole weekend thing...but you could combine a couple of them to extend it. Most of them are either free or relatively inexpensive.

Breakfast in bed, to start the day! Heck, even if it's just cereal, I'm sure she'll love it anyway. Of course, spruce it up with a single rose in a vase, or a few wildflowers. Serve it in formal dinnerware/china, if you have some.

Evening picnic at a park or nice campground in a local canyon. Eat, watch the sun set and moon rise (of course, if it's a day the moon rises at say 10 P.M. instead of 10 A.M.). Except for the cost of gas, and maybe groceries to make the meal, this one is basically a free date!

If she likes animals, maybe a trip to the zoo or Tracy Aviary, and then a picnic there - or somewhere in a nearby park. (I personally would go to the zoo/aviary first thing in the morning...less crowded and not as hot in the summer)

If she likes gardens, go to Red Butte Garden, or some other public garden (I think there's one in Kaysville). Picnic afterward, or her favorite restaurant.

Go to The Gateway in Salt Lake, and have a carriage ride (or two) and see the sites. Maybe let her go shopping at a place she's always wanted to, just never got a chance yet.

I don't know how much the Salt Lake cruise is, or even if it's still in business. I always wanted to try that.

Good luck, and have fun!
[/size][/#004080][/font]
[signature]
My wife have stayed in several bed and breakfasts. We prefer the ones that are converted pioneer mansions.
[signature]
Any specific ones you would recommend?
[signature]
We liked this one:

[url "http://www.armstrongmanor.com/"]http://www.armstrongmanor.com/[/url]
[signature]
Heh...I actually took her there two years ago for our anniversary and I do agree, it was nice. We did the February room, and did the package deal where you get dinner and tickets to the Hale theater. It was really enjoyable!
I did find a link to one out by Kamas that might be interesting.
[signature]
Some nice ideas. Thank you. We are actually looking for a small get-away for a couple of nights, but you brought up a couple of things I may incorporate into it.
[signature]
We have stayed in several bed and breakfasts locally and one in Manti and one just outside of Logan. We have enjoyed all of them; however, our big thing is how clean the rooms are and we have found some are cleaner than others, but fortunately we haven't found any total disasters.
[signature]
Here is an interesting option. Take a train ride to either Reno or Grand Junction. This way you can make a quick turn around the same day. Just a thought! Can also get a room to Reno if you like. Grand Junction is a just a day trip.
[signature]
Try a local hotel, a nice romantic dinner, a movie if she likes them, or movie in the room. Don't forget a nice gift like jewelry. Come north of salt lake and try one of the hotels in the south davis area.
[signature]