Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
preston area
Does anyone know if the resivour around the preston area have picked up, any info would be great.[fishin]
[signature]
Dont know and havent heard but will find out on Glenndale tomorrow. Headed down in person to find out.
[signature]
I have suffered withdrawal long enough. I will
check out Twin Lakes tomorrow.
[signature]
Went to Twin on Saturday. A slew of bass fishermen. I was looking for the elusive crappie and bluegill. Arrived and marked fished deep around the dam. Not able to coax one up. Caught 7 of planter bows in efforts to catch a crappie. Fished from 7 till 11 and 1 crappie from the south lake in 9 ft of water. Not much activity. Water temp was at 58. I am thinking another week of nice weather will bring them out of the depths. LC
[signature]
I'm not sure if your fishing from bank or boat but the Oneida Eye's are a little closer to bank now (23ft deep) that the water has warmed up.. We troll for em and have limited out the last 2 different times we went out.... Nothing big but good eaters[sly]..

We got a cpl bass nothing big and the perch where starting to bite NICE SIZED ONES 2... And we even caught more Bows then normal to i was told they planted Rainbows not to long ago so that be why....

Hope this helps out this is the only water i usually fish so cant help on the others...
[signature]
I fish both from bank and from boat just whatever feals good that day.
Thanks for the help man ill have to try it[Smile]
[signature]
Went to Glenndale today, weather was supposed to be half descent, but it wasnt. showers overcast and wind all day. Water was 60-61 so another week and it should be good. Caught 1 gill, 1 crappie, 2 perch (10") 1bass - 4 pounder and only 14 inches, a bunch of planters and had to keep 3 really nice bows that swallowed the hook deep. On was 3.5 lb.buy only 18 inches.

A lot of fish in the shallows but wouldnt bite anything. Like I said if weather warms up some, a week to 10 days and the bite should be starting. Its definately about 3 weeks behind but with this weather its understandable.
[signature]
It's crazy how much the weather can vary around here. I fished Twin Lakes today, and I got a sunburn. I thought about going to Glendale, sounds like I made the right call. Water was 64 at Twin. I saw some gills and one crappie, but I was after bass. I caught 25 bass 12-18" in just over three hours. Very nice looking fish there. Healthy with pretty markings. My thumb got soft over the winter though, it's pretty ragged and sore now [Smile]
[signature]
Looks like at least the fish warmed up. Nice looking catches. Mind if I ask what they were hitting and how deep?

The lake looks nice and full, hope it stays that way for awhile.
[signature]
I was at Twin yesterday also. Never had the bass
that active & hit on most anything. Also caught
6 crappie, one trout, 30 bluegill. The blue gill were
almost all in 2 spots.
[signature]
Small slug-gos and flukes fished around flooded brush and trees. I was pretty bummed when I had to leave for work, it had just gotten really good when I had to go.
[signature]
Sounds like dam good fishin to me ill have to try to make it there soon. Thanks for the help man.
[signature]