Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crappie
I have never really fished for crappie before. I was wondering if someone wants to put together an outing with me possibly. However I do not have a boat. Any advice will be appreciated as well
[signature]
I do have a boat but i never fish for crappie because i find them rather boring. On the other hand though, they taste really good. i know alot of guys that go to glendale and smash then in the spring time. I know of one place that you can catch them all year long but you need a boat to get to it cause its out in the middle of the lake. I never tried it but my one buddy swears by the place.

Me on the otherhand i go to glendale all the time for bass. I do fairly well when i go and i got a tournament lined up for the 20th. Hopefully i do better than i did last year. Time will tell lol.
[signature]
BPG I'll be at Glendale camping quite a bit this summer. Maybe you could show me a few tricks on the pike and bass at glendale?
[signature]
Sure thing. Im always up there. I take my bass boat up and when i feel like being lazy my parents have a potoon the keep docked up there which makes things nice. I will let you know when im gonna be up there without a partner.
[signature]
Ok, Well I'm 15 so maybe the pontoon boat would be better because my Dad would probably want to go. What gear would I need if I were to go?
[signature]
Well if ya wanna get some fish with my you are gonna need some bass equipment. Do you have any spinner baits, buzz baits or top water plugs? They all seem to work well up there. Another thing i love to use up there are soft plastics. If ya texas rig a worm or a craw you are sure to get some bass. If ya dont have any spinner baits i can help you out there. i own a tackle manufaturing shop. i dont have any of my bass stuff on my website yet but it will be soon, ill let ya know.
[signature]
I have one spinner bait, one buzz bait, and one jitterbug, I also have some soft plastics but I don't really know how to texas rig them.
[signature]
Thats good! You are on your way to becoming a avid bass angler. I have no problem showing you all the ropes on how to texas rig your plastics. Its really simple. BTW youtube is a huge resource for how to when it comes to fishing techniques. Just search "texas riged worm" and im sure you will find all you need. As for buzz and spinner baits, white seems to be a really good color. So if you don't have any in white, i suggest you invest. You can get 1 of each for under 10 bucks. If you need any spinner baits i make them. They are not posted on my website just yet but will be within the next few weeks. i charge $3.75 per bait and have them in 4 different sizes. You can visit my site if you want. Its [url "http://www.scaredfishless.com/"][/url][url "http://www.scaredfishless.com"]www.scaredfishless.com[/url]
[signature]