Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deck chair in FC4
So I'm very new here, but I've been lurking for about a month (I think) and I've been reading a lot especially on the float tube forum (as I'm a float tube guy too).

You all have some wild and crazy ideas for mods and pimping out your tubes! I Love It!!!!! [cool]

Now, I thought I'd check to see if anyone has tried this deck chair or very similar in their tube or more specifically in an FC4 (which is what I have).

[inline 30519_432475968782_571378782_5631143_5267798_n.jpg]

I have one of these that was heading to the dump, so I thought I'd hack the legs off and give it a go. I really like the idea of a higher back AND the arms are a bonus too. I miss that about my round tube. When I made the switch to front entry tubes, I missed being able to rest my arms on the tube.

Anyway, I'll do an intro soon (after the coming weekend fishing trip [Wink])

Cheers ya'll and tight lines!
[signature]
Welcome to the board. I like your idea and would like to see how it works for you. I have put a chair on an FC4 but it was a plastic lawn chair with the legs cut off.
[inline "mamatroutstrickedoutFC4 - 400.jpg"]
[signature]
Thanks for the welcome Albinotrout. Wish I was closer to some of you guys so I could do some bass fishing. As it is, I'm in BC, Canada and I only have about 3000 little trout lakes to chose from [cool]

Yes, I've seen your pictures of your tricked out FC4 (mamatrout?), I like it! That's kind of where I got the idea.

Well, I was just out in the back yard fitting the chair and this one is rather wide and I can't keep the arms on it (bummer) but the chair comes apart really easily and I got the legs off and the arms off and the back rest and the seat really work well in the tube! I'm looking forward to having the high back. I know that it's high but my shoulders are just below the top edge, I don't think it will act much more like a sail versus my upper body does, but that's my only concern with it.

One thing that I like about this chair is that it folds down flat (relativly) for storage and won't take up much space in the car/truck getting to the lake.

I'll figure something out for arm rests at some point in time.....after seeing all the cool PVC fixtures you've all made, I'm sure I can come up with something [Wink]
[signature]
When you get a picture taken, post it. It will be interesting to see how it looks. Oh mamatrout is my wife.[cool] It is her FC4 that I get to trick out. She tells me what she wants then I get to build it.[Wink] What part of Canada are you from?
[signature]
British Columbia, about 40 miles from Vancouver (where the Olympics where [Wink])

We'll do on the pic.
[signature]