Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recommendations for salmon lures/baits
Gentlemen,
I am new to fishing in Washington state. I am wondering what might be a good starting point for what might work for salmon? I am river fishing from the bank and wading. Just trying to get ideas of what i can use to increase odds of catching salmon. Thanks for any info you can provide.

SOTA
[signature]
well ? if there in the rivers now there moving up yo spawn if your wanting to use lures my suggestion is cleos they come in many collors and are very efective spoons for salmon if drifting yarn balls and or spawnbags canwork well on flyrod large streamers are effective your choice
[signature]
lurtch,
Sorry i am not familiar with cleo. What is it? i assume lure if so what color is recommended? Thanks for the help.

SOTA
[signature]
im sorry the official name is little cleos there a curved shapeed spoon good often used for salmon here look them up on the web there there youll seegood luck
[signature]
lil cleo spoons
[signature]
On Lake michigan, the Boy blue fly (also called the Blue ice-glow) has been a huge success for me and my firends. Honey Hole Lures iintroduced this pattern 7 years ago and it hasn't failed me yet.
You can get some other great flies from these people.
Check out their website

http://honeyholelures.biz
Honey Hole Lures
[signature]