Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing the Delaware
Hello everyone. My nane is George and I am a newcomer to this forum, but a very experienced fisherman. For years I have fished tons of catfish out of the Delaware River (the Yardley boatramp area) bottom fishing with chicken livers. I want to start catch different types of fish in this area of the Delaware in my new boat. I want to go after stripers and carp. I have yet to catch either after years of trying. Does anyone have any tips or advice as to where to find these species and what types of bait to use? Please let me know!
[signature]
Welcome to the site Metallic! If you haven't stopped by our introductions board you should definitely go there to properly introduce yourself to the site. Here's the link http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=295 .

I'm not much of a carp fisherman, but I do know that stripers like to herd schooling baitfish into corners where they can feast on them. I fish for stripers below a dam here in TN and I use a bait net to catch live shad and use them. They make the best bait for me. I don't know anything about your area but if you can find a where they herd the baitfish then that is where you need to fish. Here in TN the baitfish will start popping the top of the water about 45 mins to an hour and a half before sunset and thats when we produce the most and largest stripers.
[signature]