Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any thing new on vets fishing day
[Smile] any thing new on vets fishing day or has there been any news that i may have missed please keep us all informed
thanks todd
[signature]
I'm sorry to say it, but from my perspective there isn't going to be a DAV fishing day this year.

When there was a thread regarding this years event a few weeks back, I asked for those willing to help out planning and putting it on to PM me. I got exactly 3 responses. One of them gave regrets that he would not be able to help with putting it together, but willing to help with the event itself, one of them a team leader from last year willing to do what he did last year (not planning) and one who hopped in and helped what he could at the last minute. With me included, that would have been 4 people, none of which were heavily involved in the planning last year.

I also had correspondence with one of the individuals who were responsible for all the heavy work of putting last years event together. He indicated that although he had pushed hard for more long range planning for this year, he had found no cooperation in that regard. He indicated that he would be willing to work on an event for next year, but only if there is advanced planning to preclude the need for an exhausting Chinese fire drill that was the only reason the event was successful last year. I am more than willing to help him in that regard over the next year. I will keep the phone numbers of those who did respond to me offering help and hopefully we can all work together on a reasonable timeline to put together a successful event next summer.

This is just my perspective on the matter. Obviously, if there is someone out there with inexhaustable supplies of money and time and energy to hurry and put this together this year, my hat is off to you.

Ed
[signature]
[:/] That is disappointing [:/], I had no role other than taking out my vet and showing him a good time. And eating that great lunch. and would do it again if you or someone else can swing all the arrangements, I would be happy to provide my boat and tackle again, I have no time to put things together with working two jobs to make ends meet. Sorry about that. If you or someone can put it together I will be there.
I will be taking my friend up this year any how no matter if it happens or not. I got his number and I will make arrangements to get him out again.

fnf
[signature]