Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rigs?
Could y'all show me some rigs you use for catching catfish?
[signature]
I am going to assume that you are meaning how do I rig my sinker and hook. For me I use a float tube or a Pontoon. Instead of worrying about how to rig my bait I worry about location. I always use two rods. I have one a medium weight rod and a old mitchell 300 reel with 30 pound spider wire, I use a 10 pound mono leader with a 2/0 or a 4/0 hook depending on the location. I use a chunk of cut trout about the size of a silver dollar on that hook. I use just enough split shot to get it to the bottom. The other rod I use is a ultra light either the same rig or if the cats seem to hit the bait but not totally going for it I might use a jig and either a smaller piece of cut bait or a worm. I use 4 pound test on that rod with a 10 pound leader.
I think the most important part of my cat hunting outfit is actually the float tube or the pontoon. Both have rod holders that will handle up to 15 pound cats, (I haven't hooked a bigger one yet). I have my fish finder on them, and I go to where the cats are. Sometimes I do multi mile river floats to find cats. Sometimes I hit small lakes. I let the bait settle to the bottom and S L O W L Y troll. Ron
[signature]
[Image: Double%20Leader%20Rig.jpg]i use this rig
[signature]
This one is one of my favorites, but i just tie on a swivel with a sliding weight above it and a leader below.
[signature]
Well I was at the store today and found a tub of chicken livers for 97 cents. I mixed them with garlic powder so now I'm going to try your rig and try and get out to the fishing hole before dawn tomorrow.
[signature]
cool and you mite want to add a slit shot 1 foot befor the swivel so the wight wont untie your knot form hitting it

TIP: w/ chicken livers you can use sowing string to keep it on longer (so rap it around the chicken liver like 4 or 5 times)
[signature]
Well, how do I put this? At around 3:30 EST I jumped into the car and headed to the lake, little did I know I was in for a surprise that scared me. I got there and the sky had turned black and started thundering. Then the lightning and heavy rain came and it was starting to scare me a little so I got back into the car to wait it out. About 20 mins later it calmed down and the sky turned blue and the lake was almost motionless. I put some chicken livers on a kahle hook and casted out. Sat there for about 2 hours changing the bait about every 15 - 20 mins and recasting to where it was originally not a single bite all dang day.
[signature]
you wrap it around the liver after you hook it

I suggest this dip bat and these dip hooks
I love this bate [Image: happy.gif] I caught a 1.5 lbs cat this bait (that's nice for the lakes I fish)
get the blood type

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores...rchResults

I got the yellow hooks

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores...LL_PRODUCT
[signature]