Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blown out Madison/Gallatin
Drove up to Bozeman to do some visiting over the weekend....glad it wasn't to fish although I was "carrying". The Gallatin is totally blown out with flood warnings posted all along the river. Still lots of snow visible in the high country with water flowing in anything resembling a streambed.Came home through Ennis and pulled over where the West Fork enters the Madison. Left the flyrod,along with my wife, in the truck and tossed a small Rapala for less than an hour.Hooked 5 Browns and landed three from the chocolate milk....thinkin maybe a streamer might've produced also.Anyway....glad I stopped ! Both rivers ought to be awesome in a few more weeks.
[signature]
Good info. my buddy is heading up to Island Park next week for a few weeks, he usually hits the Madison, I hope it mellows out for him or he will be pissed. I guess he'll just have to fish Henry's[crazy]
[signature]
Maybe in a couple weeks the Madison might gain some clarity. I thought the closer I got to Quake Lake the river might clear up but no dice. Even Quake is a mud bowl. Everything around Henry's / Island Park was clear as a bell though.
[signature]
I had planned on going that way Friday and changed it to heading south after reading the fly shops reports.
[signature]