Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BS or not....?
Banjo minnows.... What's the deal with these things? I got a buddy tellin me about this lure he keeps seein on late night programing, and low and behold I stumble across the comercial today and from what I see the lure looks pretty realistic but I'm not totally impressed on the tackle set up. Give me some feedback if anyone has had any experience with them good or bad.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Like a lot of the tackle they have to sell by TV infomercials Banjos are made to catch more fishermen than fish. Grossly overpriced. Don't work any better than some good Hammers.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You get varying reports from folks who have fallen for the hype and spent money on them. Some say they work well. Most are disappointed and find them to work no better than other stuff that is easier to rig and cheaper to buy.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But...if you have fished for any length of time at all you know that there are times and places when fish are on the chew and they will hit anything you throw at them...even Banjo Minnows. But I have never heard of anybody catching more fish on them than on their other favorite stuff.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Bottom line? If some well-meaning person gives you some, be grateful and give them a try. But otherwise spend your money on the money baits.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I've used them before. Do they work? Absolutely they work. Are they the guaranteed fish catching "secret" that they advertise? Not quite. They work as well as any soft swim bait does and as such they do catch fish. If you know when, where, and how to effectively use a swim bait, you'll know how to use them and will achieve success.
[signature]