Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tubin for panfish
[url "http://mtbucket.blogspot.com/2010/06/tubin-for-panfish.html"]http://mtbucket.blogspot.com/2010/06/tubin-for-panfish.html[/url]
Tube, referring to both my boat, and my bait.I got some good action with a 2 1/2 inch red glow tube on a 1/16th ounce glow jig. the glow really called in the fish in the very murky water.Another thing that worked well was a small salmo hornet lure. The fish were shallow, and appeared to be done spawning, though there were still some bluegills on beds. I could see some of the strikes as the fish would often times come right up near the float tube, mabye curious at the noise and bright colors, but I would drop the bait down and they would nail it. I had to use bigger baits because there were a lot of 7 inch largemouth bass around that would instantly gobble anything that would fit in their mouth!

[Image: biggill.jpg]
[Image: crankinsunnie.jpg]
[Image: big+greenie.jpg]
[Image: cranksunnie2]
[Image: bass.jpg]
[Image: sunnie.jpg]
[Image: tinybass.jpg]
[Image: tubed.jpg]
[signature]
Nice report and pictures. How deep were you fishing?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nice pics.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I never sneeze to be demazed at how aggressive those small bass can be. I have caught them on lures bigger than they are. Can't decide whether it is an attitude thing or a problem with vision or spatial relationships.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I really envy the great panfish action you enjoy back there. We have a very few lakes with decent sized bluegills and crappies. But, we also got lots of nice trout and good smallmouth, largemouth, catfish, walleye, wiper, pike and tiger muskie waters.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Those are some really nice panfish. Now I am envious.[cool] Great job!
[signature]
Thanks! I was fishing 1 to three feet down, never turned on my sonar so don't know how deep the water was. pretty shallow I think
[signature]
silly bass always biting more than they can chew!
we got all those other fish here too, but panfish are my favorite!
[signature]
thanks albinotrout!
[signature]