Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bucks Bronco Extreme and Henry's Fork
I'm still shopping and comparing. Looking for a toon with a casting platform. Looking carefully at the Scadden Skykomish.

Also looking at the Bucks Bags Henry's Fork and Bronco extreme. I'd like to hear from anyone with first hand experience with these toons:
1. General impresion of quality and preformance
2. Customer service/experience with Bucks staff
3. Any component failures? Any returns for any reason?
4. How do you like the casting stand?
5. Can the Bucks stand fold up during use or it a bolt in/"use it or remove it" scenario?

Thanks,
Bob
[signature]
I am looking forward to answers here as well, because Bucks are great boats.

I do have two questions however.
The EXTREME is a 11' toon with a weight capacity of 450 and the Henry's is 10' dual (internal) pontoons with a 300 lb?

Also, they say all bladders are Urethane, but the Alpine now says it s vinyl.
The Henry's doesn't list it's two chamber bladders as Urethane either?

But the Extreme doesn't have a standing platform?

I take it money is not an issue.
[signature]
I use and used their tubes for a long time, never experiencing a problem in the gear. It simply did what it was supposed to.
Consequently, I never had to bring a problem to their staff, but all queries for information or parts to be shipped were dealt with promptly.

Verdict on Bucks Bags in my experience:
Not the cheapest. Not the flashiest. Worth the money.

I have not used of their pontoons so far.

For some reason, the further north you go, the more popular their products seem to be.
[signature]
I had one of the first Alpines. Back then it was 6' long, 16" diameter toons and Polyurethane. That is still around and never had a leak.
Those Stainless Steel frames are heavy though.
[signature]
Thanks flygodess. BTW the bucks lit puts the weight cap on the Henry's fork at 400# not 300. I've seen that 300# spec on other web sights. It seems to be an error that spread from site to site. Maybe the original version had 9' toons.

Bucks sells the standing platform separately and it fits on any of their SS frames. The HF has a number of other benefits and extras that make it a better value than buying the BE + casting stand. The only reason to get the BE is for the 11' toons.

I wouldn't say money is not abject, but I've found in my FF purchases and other endeavors as well (guitars, cameras, etc.) that it doesn't pay to save a few bucks and not get what you really want. The Skykomish is $999 and the Henry's Fork can be had for $1500. The big downside for the Bucks is the weight, but I still have concerns about the quality of the Scadden products. I have two friends with Scadden boats and both had problems serious enough to warrant return of the boats to Scadden for replacement/repair.

The seach continues. I'll let you know what I choose.

Thanks again.

Bob
[signature]
Thanks for the feedback Norm. Glad their tubes have served you well. One would hope their toons, by extension, would be as good. The situation with Outcast makes me wonder, though: Outcast makes great tubes, but their pontoon boats are not as well regarded. Specifically, reviews for the 10 IR consistently complain about the weight cap being overstated and the boat riding low in the water - so much so that the casting stand drags in the water.

Hmmmm.... More research needed.

Cheers!

Bob
[signature]
[quote TroutNoDoubt]Thanks flygodess. BTW the bucks lit puts the weight cap on the Henry's fork at 400# not 300. I've seen that 300# spec on other web sights. It seems to be an error that spread from site to site. Maybe the original version had 9' toons.

Bucks sells the standing platform separately and it fits on any of their SS frames. The HF has a number of other benefits and extras that make it a better value than buying the BE + casting stand. The only reason to get the BE is for the 11' toons.

I wouldn't say money is not abject, but I've found in my FF purchases and other endeavors as well (guitars, cameras, etc.) that it doesn't pay to save a few bucks and not get what you really want. The Skykomish is $999 and the Henry's Fork can be had for $1500. The big downside for the Bucks is the weight, but I still have concerns about the quality of the Scadden products. I have two friends with Scadden boats and both had problems serious enough to warrant return of the boats to Scadden for replacement/repair.

The seach continues. I'll let you know what I choose.

Thanks again.

Bob[/quote]

I thought it was one friend and the issue was the Oar lock which is made by a different company for NFO. By the way, they have gone to a new beefed up oar lock.
[signature]
Since I started asking around, I found another friend with an NFO boat with issues out of the box. I guess we could start a scorecard or something...
[signature]
Isn't the internet wonderful. You can always find what you are looking for[Wink]
[signature]
[quote TroutNoDoubt]Since I started asking around, I found another friend with an NFO boat with issues out of the box. I guess we could start a scorecard or something...[/quote]
So don't buy NFO. Simple as that.
[signature]