Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
foote dam area of the au sable
Footesite Dam area, the fishing has been good on both Cooke and Foote Ponds. Crappie, perch, bass and pike have been caught everywhere. i will have more info on the trout fishing later .
[signature]
say is that dam store still there on the corner? and do they still run the fish cleaning service behind the store in september and october during the salmon runs?
[signature]
the "dam store" is still there , you should see it now . deli sandwhiches and chips and liquid refreshments to the right , to the left is more snaks and fishin' stuff . there so busy they have two check out lanes now .

always see the same ladies there too ! a stack of photo's are on the counter for all to see the weeks catch from the river or pond .

as far as the cleaning station , i don't know . i've never been there for the fall . that is gonna change this year ! there is a port-a-potty there , for emergencys , i guess !
[signature]
THE PIKE FISHING HAS PICKED UP ON THE POND SIDE OF THE DAM , SO HAS THE WALLEYE .

WALLEYE HOTSPOT . GO TO THE RIVER QUEEN , STAY THE SAME DISTANCE OUT FROM THE EAST SHORE AND HEAD TO THE CORNER THATS JUTTING OUT . ( EAST SIDE ) . HOOK EM ' AND COOK EM' .
[signature]
the water's up almost three feet, rivers at 2400+cfs, so maybe a few more will shoot up, most fish lately have been chromers.
[signature]
WELL, IT' TIME TO PUT THE STEELIE ROD AWAY , TILL LATE MARCH !
[signature]
Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep,

mine was put up almost 2 months ago. the lake got to cold to stand in, and the nearest river was to far for me to drive.

ice gear sitting ready, looking forward to some deasent ice. my last year.
[signature]
your last year?
[signature]
yep, I am moving to tennesse,

the oakland county road commision just striped me of my rights to lake access this past thursday. so there is no reason for me to stay in michigan. so I am puting my property up on the market jan 1st and I hope to be gone by mid spring.
[signature]
those morons ! it just ticks me off to no end that part of your property , something you have paid for ,over the last 20 or so years can be striped away !
that just aint right !
i'de get a lawyer and get that money back from them , 20 years worth of intrest tacked on it too !
how can they change your deeded rights ?
[signature]
What's up with that? You don't have acess to commerce any more? you are part of that sub. and anyone there should have access to that spot. Can't wait till the lakes are safe to break out the tip-ups. keep in touch[Wink]
[signature]
when I baught this house I had road access to the lake, as of thrusday of last week I no longer have that. they cant keep me off the lake but the road commision fixed it so I cant get a boat on the lake for good.
[signature]
how did they do that , fence off the road ?
[signature]
cant tell you over an open line. some other peta perps will get the know how and start screwing things up every where else.
[signature]
o.k. i remember hearing about that house a few times , trouble since day one .
dollers to doughnuts , you can bet the r.c. did it just to shut them up , but you know as well as i do once they gave in it was only the start of more complaining . sooner or later they will get booted out . i hope it's sooner .
[signature]