Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pending New State Record
I found this on another website and wanted to share it with people. (I am not the one who caught the fish)

While fishing today,I caught what should be the new pa state record rainbow trout.it weighed in at 15 pounds,12 ounces.caught in the pohopocco creek,near the confluence of the Lehigh river.caught on 4 lb test,fathead minnow.

I heard of it being there.got there a little after 4:30 this morning.caught three small ones ,then spotted him in a deep hole.I had my regular trout rod with 2lb test jigged a minnow by him,it hit it but I didn't set the hook in time.I went home and came back with my five year old son and my river rod,7' st croix,6lb test and 4 lb flouro leader.one cast and it was on.headed out of the pool into fast water heading towards the Lehigh river.I had to jump in and follow it downstream,I immediatly lost both my sandals and was soaked.about fifty yards downstream I got him to shore and landed it.took it to willys bait shop,then weighed on a certified scale,15lbs,12ounces.29" long.he contacted the fish commusion and took all the info down ,it's now a waiting game,but it surpases the record set in the 80's.
[signature]
Thats one big ole trout. Probly gave him a run for his money lol.
[signature]