Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Trout From My 11 Year Old Fat Cat
Here's one of the rainbows I caught recently when I took out my old Fat Cat 66. (That's what they called them back in 1999!) I wanted to see if it still had it's old "mojo". I have a new green one like Pat's and they have really made some nice improvements but "Ol' Blue" has been slimed by a lot of really nice fish so I took it out in celebration of that and I've been doing so well lately that the green Fat Cat has taken a back seat. Yesterday I caught and released 10 rainbows as big or bigger than this one. Today I turned 64. I just got my birthday present a day ahead of time. Hallelujah!
God bless,
Don
[inline IMGP0076.JPG]
[signature]
Well Happy Birthday. Nice fish and tube. Old relics do come in handy . Wonder if that applies to old relics like us to?[Smile]
Nice job
Pa
[signature]
WOW look at that !!!
Nice fish and nice "vintage" tube. Happy B-day.[Wink]

Peter
[signature]
Happy Birthday Don

It's nice to hear from you. If you have been writing I missed it.

I hope to go get a few good perch tommorro if the wind lts me play.

Good looking catch there.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Some things get better with age. Some things are timeless and always remain good. And then there are humans. Nuff said. But, as I often tell folks who inquire about my advancing years...I would rather grow older than the alternative...at least while I can still enjoy the things I enjoy (like fishing).[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you had a good day on the water and thanks for the pic. Nice fishie.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hope you had a good birthday too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey Pat,

Some loonie in my neighbourhood has one Outcast oar. I had it leaning on my vehicle while I was inside getting something. When I got back it was gone. So now I'm waiting on a new pair shipped from Colorado. In the meantime I managed to rig an old two piece kayak paddle that had one broken blade into a temporary substitute. After my success in the tube I switched over to the pontoon to check out the "jury rigged " oar. It works fine and with my piece of plywood spanning my frame I caught four trout bigger than the one in the picture while standup flycasting. These fish were caught on one of your white head, white marabou/crystal flash ponies. So your "mojo" was working too!

God Bless,
Don

Micheal,
I also flyfish from my kayak a fair bit and I guess I've been posting on the yakfisher site more than here. From a pure fishing standpoint the float tube reigns supreme. I had a big trout clear the water in pursuit of a damselfly 2 feet away from me. If I could cover water in my tube, I would probably fish from it all the time. Often times I lash it onto the back of my kayak. That way I can switch to the tube for finesse fishing.

Did you read about my close encounter with the moose?

God Bless
[signature]
No where would I find that story?
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][cool][#0000ff]Some things get better with age. Some things are timeless and always remain good. And then there are humans. Nuff said. But, as I often tell folks who inquire about my advancing years...I would rather grow older than the alternative...at least while I can still enjoy the things I enjoy (like fishing).[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you had a good day on the water and thanks for the pic. Nice fishie.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hope you had a good birthday too.[/#0000ff][/quote]

Yes, TD, my uncle who was teased about growing older had a great comeback. "At least I know I made it to this age." "By the time you are this age, you may be gone."
[signature]