Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
knot sence
Does anyone here use knot sence? I am curious if the UV light that Loon sells for 15-20 bucks is any different from a 5 dollar one I can get at a hardware store.
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: dumb.gif]As far as I'm concern it is just another gimmick to lighten the load in you wallet. Tie a good knot and forget about using an additive.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I have that little SINGLE bulb light by loon....it works, but the ones frome the Hardware that has 5 or 6 bulbs, PLUS the regular AND the single red one (which I drive my dog nuts with) do work just as well if not better.
Dry Rod, it is not just knots. I use it when connecting backing to line to ensure, on spices, and even on flies at times.
It is a must for me out in the field.
[signature]
Thanks FG. I have been tying leaders and would just like to smooth out the edges of my knots. I can't stand the tiny tag ends. They don't hang my line up very often but when they do it's usually a mess coming from a missed fish. It would be nice to have that line slide off itself.
[signature]
It will work then. I even put a small dot at different lengths on my fast sinking lines. Like at 30', I put a dot. Then I know exactly where I am if I chose to use this style for deep nymphing.
I use that stuff for allot of different things. It dries instantly in the sun...great!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]Guess one has got to use what ever works for them. Seems like I have a box loaded with all kinds of fishing aids that I eventually forget that I purchased. Most of these goodies where purchased at shows or demos that looked real cool at the time. Yes most of them do work as advertised, it is just that out of sight - out of mine.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]