Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamont Res & new motor setup
We went fishing Sat. afternoon at Lamont Reservoir in Southeast Idaho. It was beautiful! The weather was great, the sun was shining, it was warm, the water was 70 degrees, and the fish were biting. It was just about a perfect afternoon. We got there at about 5 pm and didn't leave until about 9:30. It was hard to tell the fish to quit biting so that we could go.

I got a chance to put my battery box motor setup through its paces, but I forgot to take a picture of it in the water.
[inline "DSC00633 Standard e-mail view.jpg"]
It worked great. I have a little inflatable air cushion that I put under the battery box. It isn't shown in this picture. It adds no weight, but it helps to put the box at the level I want and to distribute the weight of the battery. It possibly even adds some flotation as the area is not dry!

Next step - I am going to add some external power connectors to the box as FlyGoddess suggested.

The trout were about 12 inches (planters), the bass were from 9 to 11 inches, and the blue gill were on the smaller side, but it sure was fun, and had a tasty ending for the bluegill.

This is the way that I help my hubby to recuperate - take him fishing -the best medicine in the world! (7 broken ribs - motorcycle) Of course he turned just as I was taking the picture of him catching a fish.
[url "http://../../../cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=61873"][/url]
[inline "PICT1958 Standard e-mail view.jpg"]

There were a number of other people out enjoying the day on the bank and in some boats.

[inline "PICT1959 Standard e-mail view.jpg"]
[url "http://../../../cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=61874"][/url]
I also caught four crappie which I released.

[inline "Lamont Crappie.jpg"]

The planter trout were fun, I hope that many of them will still be there in the fall when they have grown up some.
[inline "PICT1973 Standard e-mail view.jpg"]

The prelude to a tasty dinner:
[inline "PICT1974 Standard e-mail view.jpg"]

Even better, I got a picture of what I think is a painted turtle. They are native to northern Idaho and have been seen in recent years in Boise area and in St Anthony. If this isn't a release by some pet owner, then it is a pretty amazing and rare sighting. Its shell was at least 8 to 10 inches long.

[inline "Lamont Turtle Standard e-mail view.jpg"]

Notice the bluegill rise in the foreground.

I edited to fix the pictures. I now know that you can't just copy and paste an inline picture post.
[signature]
Sounds fun, but I can't see your pictures!!
My family and I have a turtle so I would love to see the picture. Ron
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good report. Glad the new setup is working well for you.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
Is there any catfish there? Ron
[signature]
Awesome report and great pictures... looks like it was a great day on the water for everyone...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
no catfish in lamont.
[signature]
I know catfish haven't been stocked there, but then neither were crappie.

I doubt if there are any in Lamont. The closest to there would probably be the Bear River, and its reservoirs.

I haven't tried it yet, but I have heard that there are some good catfish in the Bear River down close to the Utah line.

There are Tiger Muskie in Lamont, we talked to one guy last night that said he had caught one before. I bet if you start dragging a nice dead trout there you would probably get to see one first hand.
[signature]
That looks like a fantastic day on the water!!! Nice, sunny,
got some fish............what can be better ?
Around where I live there is tons of turtles in reservoirs
because of people releasing they pets.......and it is
worm here all year (SoCal) so they do very good. I have
seen some cool turtles what are no way native anywhere
in USA.
Anyways, great report and pictures. Thank you for sharing.

Peter
[signature]