Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Please! Looking for a good spot while on vacation in Pitts
Hello Yall! I am looking for a little help [cool] I am from Texas and i'm going on vacation at the end of July to Pittsburgh to visit my wifes side of the family. I am an avid fisherman I mainly target cats, carp, and gar. But i do not know the waters there. I would like to get my family on some good carp or cat action. My question is would anybody be willing to give me some info on where to fish and what to use in Pittsburgh? I saw some carp by Three rivers stadium last year when we where there, but i'm not sure if fishing was allowed.

I have long rods and pods for carp but if all that isn't necessary i would rather not pack it all. All fishing would be CPR. Just looking to put my brother in-law and kids on some nice numbers or size if possible. If you would like the info kept secret please send me a p.m.[Wink] Thanks for any and all info!

Tight lines to all!
[signature]
I have some relatives that live in Pittsburgh. I don't see them much, but if I get the chance, I'll ask them where the spots are. I know you're probably back in Texas by now, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to know for next time.

By the way, if there are carp, I can almost guarantee that you can fish them. Since they're invasive and destroy the ecosystem, there's no limit and fishing them is actually encouraged by the DNR on the condition that you DON'T practice
catch-and-release.

As a matter of fact, CPR with carp is illegal where I'm from (Illinois).

By the way, nice flathead!! What's the story behind that one?
[signature]
Wait, that's not a flat, that's a blue, right? We don't have them up here. Thought it was a flat 'cus I thought it looked yellow in the photo.
[signature]