Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the wierdest thing you've ever caught?
I once took a girl fishing that I wanted to impress to the Jordan River. While we were there, her line started like swirling in the water, so she started pulling it in and landed a carp, but it was already dead and the gut was chewed open and all the organs gone, the thing was rotting and she hooked it in the open gut. I cut her line and let the foul creature drift back into the water. A half hour later I caught a boot! Just like on cartoons!
[signature]
While fishing at Strawberry a while back, I caught a dead fish (well I caught the line that was hooked to the dead fish) AND a straw hat all in one day!! Let's just say it wasn't the best day at the Berry i've ever had.
[signature]
I caught a 7 lb. dogfish in Michigan one time. I didn't know what it was and had to ask someone. If you don't know yourself google "Michigan dogfish."
[signature]
the guy liked the whisky a little too much. and i never developed a strong friendship. i like my whiskey too, but not that much. anyway, nope he never took up fly fishing, and i don't know what ever happened to the rig. his liver finally gave out, and he passed away a couple years ago. like i said, he liked it too much.
[signature]
[:/] Sorry I joked about him.
[signature]
I snagged a 30+ rotting mac in LINWOOD a few years back it was mighty nasty I cut my line and sent it back down. It was pretty SadSad
[signature]
In 1996 I was fishing for catfish at Utah Lake around Novell in the "Mud Lake" Area Fishing off the bank with cut up white bass and caught a 10" Sculpin. I didn't know it at the time so i released it but was told they were supposed to be extinct. there. Wish I could have that one back!
[signature]
WHILE FISHING LOWER FISH CREEK (BELOW SCOFEILD) 30 YRS. AGO i WAS WALKING DOWN THE RAILROAD TRACKS WHEN i HEARD A RUMBLING IN THE WILLOWS WHERE MY COUSIN WAS FISHING. A FEW SECONDS LATER , A BADGER CAME OUT HOPPED RIGHT BETWEEN THE RAILS AND CAME RIGHT TOWARD ME. (I LATER DECIDED HE WAS RUNNING FROM MY COUSIN AND HAD NOT NOTICED ME AS I FROZE UP) IN SELF DEFENCE I SWUNG MY FISHING ROD AT HIM WHICH CAUSED MY SPINNER TO HOOK HIM ON THE TOP OF HIS HEAD. HE DID NOT APPRECIATE THIS MOVE AND MADE IT KNOWN. AS I WET MY PANTS ,DROPED MY POLE AND RAN LIKE A SISSY, HE DRUG MY POLE A FEW YARDS UP THE TRACKS AND BROKE ME OFF (ALONG WITH MY ROD TIP) NOT THE KIND OF FISHING I WOULD RECOMEND, BUT A MEMORABLE ONE HOWEVER.
[signature]
As a kid I was fishing the Jordan River at the State Fair Grounds. I was on the concrete side fishing with a white feathered jig and people were feeding the ducks with bread. I was reeling my white jig back when a duck grabbed it and I hooked him/her.
So the duck takes off and starts flying in a circle above me. Round and round it flew dragging all my line out. When it reached the top it flew maybe a few more circles and then the jig came loose and shot back at me maybe doing mach 2. Dang thing nailed me right in the shoulder.
So, I spent a while trying to gather up all my line and rubbing my shoulder while all the old people yelled at me for catching a duck.
[signature]
While fishing Burraston's Ponds years ago during the winter, there were a bunch of big trout in the first pond you come to. We caught quite a few they must have been three or four pounders. I'm pretty sure they were planters because their fins were rubbed way down and their hooked jaws were all mangled. Anyways I went up the creek where there were a bunch of the same fish and I proceeded to put on the biggest hook I had to snag them, it happened to be a gold rooster tail. I proceeded to snag something and when I pulled back the lure came loose and lodged itself right in my cheek about an inch below my eye. I tried really hard to pull it out but that dang barb was hanging up. Needless to say I had to go to the Payson hospital where the doctor poked the hook all the way through, clipped the barb and then pulled back out. It didn't really hurt but my ego sure did[Smile] When we were in transit to Payson I would wave at people we passed with a big old spinner hanging from my cheek. The looks on their faces was priceless. It was pretty funny.
[signature]