Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Report August 8, 2003
[font "Arial"][size 2]

The Roanoke river is well over capacity. Rains from around the area have affected the river. The Roanoke river where I observed was at less 8 foot over the banks. When the river is this high it makes fishing from the bank imposable. Only from a boat can you get on the river and then it‘s hard. Launching a boat is a two team job and will result in one person getting a little wet. I have not fished the Roanoke river yet nor have I heard any reports. When the river is high like it is now few pepole fish, most of the fish is from Bass fishing.

On down the Roanoke river in the Albemarle sound fishing is slow due to all the rains and runoff from the rain. This has affected the Albemarle sound and Chowan river. There is too much fresh water in the river. I have only caught a few white preach, no catfish and no Rock. I think the good old day of hooking up on a nice Drum or two are fading fast this year. Also I have not seen any crabs in the rivers mouth or around the bridge. Hopefully the rains well stop and some saltwater will back up in the sound.[/size][/font]
[signature]
sounds like an old Jonnie Cash song (how high is the watter momma' 8 feet high and risin she'ed reply)

bouy that makes for some rough fishing. too much is just as bad as too little. I seen you guys been havin high waters all year it seams. seems like every time I turn around I see flooding going on down your way.

let me know if you start building an ark[crazy]

you been doing any thing out on the salt water? or is that rising too? [angelic]
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]I sure though I was going to need a ark. August went out very hot. We had a few days over 100 and even hit 110 one day. We have just had .02 tenths of rain in the last 6 days. Hopefully things we get better, as far as fishing goes. But I think this year is going to be the worst year in 4 or 5 years for river fishing. The saltwater seen is looking great. Lots of fish are being caught inshore and offshore. We just went offshore and caught some big Amber Jacks. [/size][/font]
[signature]
i WISH THAT I KNEW WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO HAVE TOO MUCH WATER SO YOU COULDN'T FISH. ALL OF OUR FISHERIES HAVE RUN DRY.
[signature]
unfortunatly I have seen it.

my back yard was a foot under water a few years back, the lake is a hundred yards from my house.

was not a fun site, could not cut my grass all year, the grass got 14 feet high. sticking well over my roofs edge.
[signature]
pretty much most of my life has been spent in the desert so it would be very interesting to see such a site.
[signature]