Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
catfishing on a full moon
last night was a full moon and we went fishing and I caught a 5 lbs 22" channel cat at My favorite lake and are roomy caught a 3 ponder

the creepy part is that the lake is next to the zoo so you could hear the coyotes howling and there are wild coyotes around that lake [Image: whistle.gif]

pics will go up after i take it to game and fish to see if I have a record [cool]
[signature]
okay I was off by 9 oz for the state record [mad]

but I know they are bigger cats in that lake so I am going to try try some more

the only bad thing is that G&F stop stocking because it get's in the 110-120 F this time of year so I am going to now start fishing at night more than ever [Wink]
[signature]
Your state record is only 5 pounds? Ron
[signature]
yah but the urban is 8
how dose this work? the uran lakes are fished more often so it's funky
[signature]
What you might want to try with the beef liver is to get a sharp knife and cut it the long way. Lay it on wax paper and freeze it over night the next day. Take it out before you go out about an hour before then. keep it on ice in a small kooler while fishing . Hook it on a long shanked hookkind of like a nightcrawler. Set it on a bottom rig in summer heat , it works well in the river around my home good luck...[fishin][fishin]
[signature]
Any pics of the kitty[Wink] and ive caught the bigger ones at night too.

~4poundonly
[signature]
[Image: cat1.jpg]
[signature]
Very nice[Wink]
[signature]
thanks he was fun he took drag so it was some fun stuff Smile
still looking for his grandpa. my little bro had grandpa but he was bring him in to fast and he shaped 14 pound line I think grandpa is in the 10-12 rang [angelic] he would be one fight I would like to have [fishon]
[signature]