Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazing Writing and even better thought
I know this is from the Utah board, but I thought everyone would like to read it. This is writing at its best, and it really made me think about how I think about fishing.

Not very often that a fishing report hits you in the heart. I guess emoticons can't substitute for great writing.

Have a read....

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Fishing_General_F58/gforum.cgi?post=596582;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Fishing_General_F58/gforum.cgi?post=596582;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread[/url]

Windriver
[signature]
WOW that was a great read. Too bad we lose site of the simple pleasures of just catching fish as we get older. Same thing with hunting too. Seems like we tend to get sidetracked in mid life with trophies. I know Avery has reeled me in to where I just enjoy being out with him. He's all Smiles regardless of species or size. He values them all equally. I thank him for that.
Rod
[signature]
its not to often that you can read something that gives you chills but that went far beyond chills. It brings back those memories of being a kid that age and being out with the "men" and being able to soak it all in.

I get those same feelings watching my little girl. It brings back a alot of memories watching her, and hopefuly we can make a few that she can remember down the road
[signature]
very cheesy in my opinion
[signature]
So give us a fishing report bovis, I like reports. Any report, copied, pasted, from the heart. Just post something with info. Even it's a picture of a fish and no words to follow.
Just post...
[signature]
Thanks for passing this on - I can totally relate to what he is saying and it is indeed well written. It's even more poignant that Bovis finds it cheesy as he represents the antithesis of the intended message. Hey Bovo the Clown, why don't you go hassle a soap opera forum and leave us alone.
[signature]
That is a great read. It makes you sit back and think about many things you have forgotten. That report reminds me of fishing with my grandfather many years ago on the North Fork.

Oh, and Bovis, don't worry about not understanding. I know that once you hit puberty, you too may be able to understand what was written.
[signature]
[quote bovis]very cheesy in my opinion[/quote]
And you know what they say about opinions.
Myself, I thought it was intelligent, well written and thought out. Much more so than 'very cheesy in my opinion', wouldn't you agree?

edit- sorry in advance Windriver
[signature]
bovis has been given a 7 day timeout. If he wants to be productive and not flame the board at the end of that time he is welcome. This is not because he disagreed with my opinion. It is because of the inflamatory feeling in many of his recent posts.

Thanks

Windriver
[signature]
Thank You!
[signature]
He always posts very well written and eloquent reports that are an enjoyable read. For me it doesn't bring back the memories as it did for others (my father doesn't fish, I pretty much got into fishing on my own and taught myself), but as always, beautifully written prose.
[signature]
An enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing WR
[signature]
I have been reading this board for some time but have never felt the need to contribute until now. Recently, I have seen a post showing pictures of multiple violations of state law, a thread that includes a discussion of sexual behavior, killing the perpetrator, tying his “Testacles” (sic), and use of the word “A-hole” by the “moderator”. I have also seen posts by a contributor named Bovis attacked and that contributor placed in “time out” by the “moderator”.
Perhaps the posts by Bovis were intended to anger, but nothing he said was even close to the violations I listed above. But no one was placed in time out for those occurrences and the “moderators” continue to cite the family-friendly nature of the forum. Bovis had a point of view regarding catch limits that others disagreed with but these discussions are obviously a legitimate subject for a fishing forum. Similarly, a poster placed a piece of literature in the forum and Bovis stated his opinion. Those believing his goal was to stir argument would have been better off ignoring his posts. Nothing he did merited any action by the so-called moderators.
The same cannot be said of those instances I cited. If this truly is a family-friendly forum, the moderators should be actively maintaining that standard by not allowing off-topic posts like the one involving sexual activity, let alone contributing to it!
I believe that Bovis should be immediately reinstated and the moderators should place themselves on time out and spend that time reevaluating their values and duties to this forum.
[signature]
wow thanks for posting this. i felt the same way but didn't want to rub people the " wrong " way. bovis may not be very tactful in his writing but is intitled to his opinion i would think as well. just an fyi i see the big game drawing results are in on the fish and game site. not to brag but i got my elk and antelope tags ! recived a report from my brother fishing at woodhead park yesterday..the bass were slow, crappie good and the catfish were nailing everything in site. he caught several fat cats on a rattle trap.
[signature]
You make some very good points. I appreciate the input.

First of all I would like to make clear that the moderators do not get paid in any way shape or form. We are simply trying to keep an open forum where people enjoy talking about fishing. Just like in open society some people or situations rub us the wrong way. I may have over reacted.

As for the sexual incident post. I thought I would let that go so that people could think about what they would do in that situation, and to warn people of this predator that may be out there.

As for the other violations we do need to be more careful. Creative cursing is still cussing.

I will try to unlock bovis, I am not sure I can given the sites perameters.

We hope to hear from you in the future in productive fishing posts. Thanks for bringing out our weaknesses. We are human.

Windriver
[signature]
I suspect Trout feller and Bovis must be very closely related. As in the same exact person, closely related. [Image: suspicious.gif]

Either way, sorry if you were offended, Bovis. (Ooops, I forgot, I was ignoring him.)
[signature]
as for what bovis had posted i as a moderator do not beleive i have once said anything to him about what he has posted and with my rules as a moderator he has not broke any. that being said i do however support windriver and his decisions 100% and i will back him with whatever his decisions and actions are. windriver in my opinion is one of the best mods on this site and nothing will change that. i do have to say that i am sorry if anyone has thought my moderation skills and participation have not been up to par lately. my life is going through some major changes right now i may be moving to lewiston because i am trying to get a job at ATK(the guys who do speer and federal ammunition and i have also been coaching my sons t-ball team today was trhe last game so i will have more time now.

the descussion about the sex offender was handled by me in a very mature way. i gave the warning to keep it clean and edited the posts and the gentleman who was responsible for the cussing appologized. as far as using the word testicles? its not a cuss and it was fine in my opinion and if it offended you i appologize for that but i beleive that the general concensus would be that it was not in any violation of any of our rules.

thanks guys.
[signature]
I have to agree w/ your handling of that particular thread CJ. There were some potentially inflammatory statements made but for the most part they were well moderated. There have been statements on other threads that I think could use a little better moderating (usually the creative spellings of words) but they are usually few and far between. While I do agree that Bovis made several inflammatory comments leading up to his time out the one that pushed it over I don't think warranted it.

Now all that being said. How about the rule about hijacking posts? I think this one is somewhere over Tel Aviv at this point. On that note I think that the original link on here made some great points. A little more poetic than I like, but still a good message that most of us can appreciate at various points in our life! Thanks for the link!
[signature]
I'd just like to say thanks to the moderators of this board. Moderating is a form of public service and they donate hundreds of hours to us as members. While we may choose to read this thread and that, they must read every thread interesting or not. We may choose to be here every day for this week and only a couple the next but they are still here doing yeoman's work for us all. As was pointed, out they have nothing to gain by doing all of this work but our respect and gratitude. If you've ever volunteered for a moderators job you know that you will garner your share of enemies no matter how you do the job. That can be a very negative side to your public service and the donation of your time. Every once in a while please take a minute to say thanks, remember that we are all human and this is a much better place to be because of all of their hard work.

Mods, you have my heartfelt gratitude for all you do!

Don
[signature]
Thanks. I appreciate your appreciation.

Windriver
[signature]