Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my butt kicked .....
First by my wife on Saturday , I landed a nice 10" bluegill on a leech while her bait was being snatched from her hook time and time again (pic 006) . We were after bass or walleye but neither of those species were cooperating with us .
Just a few minutes later she was in the thick of a bunch of the biggest pumpkinseeds ya' ever saw , one after another and all over 10" in length (pic009).
From that time on I caught the dinkiest gills you ever saw in your life and I had to work for them too [bobhappy].
It takes too long to upload all the pics so I'll just give you some of the stuff we saw , the Loons came by minus their one and only birth of the year , got a pretty good idea of what happened to it as they were after a huge snapper where ever it went . They were hell bent on making that snappers life miserable .
Later we had a couple REMAX hot air balloons come by the south end of the lake . Idiots I thought , thunderstorms all over the area and more on the way .
A granny and gramps had their grandson with then for a evening of fishing on the lake , maybe just a dozen 8" gills in the basket , no bass for them either .

The second butt kicking came from all the rain we were pounded with from Saturday at dusk until sometime this morning , couldn't get on line for more than a minute or two before getting the boot . Water shot from the gutter downspouts a good two feet at the height of the storms , at least the garden received a good thorough drenching .
I did hear that you guys downstate had a hell of a time with the same weather system , everyone O.K. ? What happened in your area ?
[signature]
nice lookin gills.

thats not the same boat is it?

we had fireworks and 10 thousand boats on my lake saturday, so no sence in going out there for a couple weeks.

sunday we had tornados of the north of me and to the south of me,

in wispering woods, same town where one man was found drowned memorial weekend, one guy got run over by his own camper trailer when the tornado came out of no where no warning and tossed it on top of him when he was sitting out side.

the one south of me did damage, but no deaths.

at my house, I was standing out side when I felt just the slightest north east breeze that lasted for about 10 seconds shortly before the tornado struck, the sun was shining in my area, we were dry meaning no recent rain. But I knew when I felt that NE breeze that it was not good. and shortly there after the news starded talking about dammage hither and yander...

I got enuff troubles with pesky ground hogs. I have to replant my beans tomarow and pray there is enuff season for them to grow
[signature]