Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bacon ?
Buddy of mine swears that if cut bacon in small strips and put it on a small jig that the perch will just jump out of the water for it.

Anyone ever hear about using bacon for bait?
[signature]
All meat works. I've used bacon and hot dogs as a kid for perch, blue gills and occasional catfish.. One time in Hawaii I decided to go fishing early one morning and didn't want to drive out of my way for bait and used left over steak and bacon peices as bait. Never saw any local's with a bent rod that day while I had desent action. Hemingway used to put strip of salted pork on the lure when fishing for marlin. If its meat try it.
[signature]
you can go to the store and buy a fresh clam, cut in to tiny chunks, 1/8 thick by 1/4 in lenth by 1/8 inch wide.

put it on a number 8 arberdeen hook, the gills can not steel your bait cuz the clam meat is so hard, but small enuff for gills and perch to suck in and swaller.

thow it out under a bubble or the end of a flyrod.
[signature]
I forgot, it is the salt is the attractant on the bacon, you can put your clam in a salt brine over night to acheive the same sent.
[signature]
I use it from time to time with great results , especially on bass and catfish .
For catfish I let it get slightly rancid in the sun a couple hours before using .
[signature]
Liver
[signature]