Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fly rod suggestion
Hey guys i'm looking to buy a new fly rod. I'm thinking of either going with the orvis clearwater in a 5 weight or the streamline in the 5 weight. Anyone have any experience with either rod. I have a decent reel so buying just the rod would be fine with me but i'm pretty sure the one that comes with the streamline is a better reel. Any suggestions?
[signature]
If I remember right, the Streamline does not have a warranty, where the Clearwater does. Big plus. I have cast both and they are nice rods.
[signature]
orvis hydros!

helios if money is no option
[signature]
Dear DSbass,
I am a very serious fisherman. So when it comes to fishing poles, I tend to look at the very best single piece rod blanks that are out there. But every once in a while a person finds themselves in a situation where it is not convenient to haul around traditional fishing gear. The telescopic fishing rod provides sportsmen with an option that allows them to pack light and still have the option to fish when the opportunity arises.

New users are not allowed to include a link of any kind in their posts until you have reached 15 posts. Please refer to the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?do=faq"]FAQ board[/url] for posting details...

Thanks......[fishin]
[signature]
The question was about Fly Rods here not fishing poles. One piece(although, would be the Ultimate) is not an option.

Telescopic isn't really a good option in FF either as the rod is the main instrument in landing and feeling fish, not to mention the added weight would be a night mare.
[signature]
What rod do you currently have? What do you like about it and what do you not like? What type of fishing do you like to do? Where are you mostly fishing? We can narrow down what rod will be best for you.
[signature]
The Clearwater sounds better to me. What did you choose?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: dumb.gif]I doubt that any true fly fisher would have a metal telescoping fly rod in their arsenal. I have an Orvis Frequent Flyer 8½' 7 piece 3 wt. rod that is a very compact. If this isn't small & light enough, I don't know what would be.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Not to mention trying to line up all the guides. [laugh][laugh]
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]Love those guiding dots.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
the fly fishermans braille .. [Wink]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
When choosing a fly fishing rod, make the choice based on the fish species that is being pursued, the location of the fish and the conditions. Discover why saltwater fishing requires a heavier rod with help from a kayak angler in this free video on choosing a fly rod for fly fishing.

[url "http://www.ehow.com/video_5112590_choosing-fly-rod.html#ixzz17zqfbcJv"][/url]
[signature]