Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Proposal for Changes to Trout Fishing Regulations
http://mi.gov/documents/dnr/Review-Michi...2301_7.pdf
[signature]
The way I read this, some rivers will be turned in to trout streams with out notification.

example the huron river, Insted of stating that the majority of the river will now be a trout stream, it states that only a 12 mile section between two points will be concidered not a trout stream,

What is further left un-stated is weather or not the lakes and ponds that this river system flow though and those conectet to, will it or will it not be under the new gear regulation.

sure hope this is not some kind of peta attempt to leagly hastle anglers.

I strongly suggest every angler in this state that fishes any bodies of waters look to see what is and isnt being said in the new regs for your targeted river system...
[signature]
I have read a few pages of it and saw a few items that were a little concerning .

Lack of fisherman input ; I have to guess that is because the D.N.R (DNRE) has done as it damn well pleases in the past without regard of the Michigan sportsman .

No recent data collected ; Really , change the regulations without knowing how that ecosystem is ?

Unknown length of the river ; What ? Are they kidding me ?

This is a fine example of how the DNR/DNRE name change hasn't changed a thing , the same old system with the same results .
You know the old adage "If it aimed broke , don't fix it " is something the DNRE should try on for size .
[signature]
I was down on proud lake yesterday, no pole in hand, or truck. I was doing a little bush wacking for returnables.

a man and his wife pull in, aperently they got run off the river for using bait and tackle.

I told them the fishing here was a weed with every cast. and to go down river.. That was when they told me they got run off.

the next nearest public fishing location was 10 miles away. The said they didnt want to go far, so I gave them directions with out giving them the millage.

I read how they stated that "Most Anglers" are catch and release... That is only true for the bass tourny guys, not regular anglers who are there looking for dinner.

I mean realy, They should do the math, Why dose every gas station in town sell worms? They would be selling lures and not worms if it were all catch and release...
[signature]