Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not the Sierras
We hit the 11,000 elevation yesterday for a little ff. It was nice and cool and started off very quiet.
We stayed about 4 hours and by the time we left, there was no place to park and it looked like every fishable spot on the shore was taken.
A storm was starting to move in and they hit hard and heavy there so we opted to leave.

Even with the wind at our backs, the Escapes held up to their names. Rowing was simple.

Here is just a few shots for you all.

[Image: 100_0031.jpg]

[Image: 100_0042.jpg]

[Image: 100_0050.jpg]

[Image: 100_0054.jpg]

[Image: 100_0045.jpg]

[Image: 100_0040.jpg]

[Image: 100_0039.jpg]
[signature]
sweet underwater shot!!
[signature]
Nice pics. Did it warm up? On the Fourth of July it was all of 47 degrees at 2 pm and people had fires burning on the shore to stay warm as they fished. I think the elevation is about 10,200 as the pass is 10, 687 above.
[signature]
Just rounding it off[Wink] Plus Mirror is on the down side of Bald Mountain point.

We did read 10,700 ish at the top though, on the GPS.
[signature]
awesome sis... looks like it was a good day on the water...

just curious.. what type of fish is that first one you posted??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
That looks fantastic !!! Where is that place ?

Peter
[signature]
every fishable spot on the shore was taken.
And that is why we love tubing/tooning [Wink]

Peter
[signature]
Thanks for sharing. Beautiful spot, and nice fresh air. How deep were the fish?
Pa
[signature]
It is an Albino Trout. Right down to the RED eyes. They are so cool cause you can really see them in this VODKA clear lake.

Pa, no sonar. I was using a Type IV and out about 70' so, deep, but that lake has some 50' spots.

1000's of lakes and streams up there in the Uinta's...great place!
[signature]
I thought it might be but was not 100% sure... either way looks like a good day on the water... :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Beautiful! It has been a lot of years since I fished parts of the Uintas. I may have to put it on my to do list. I just love all of the high mountain lakes, so many to do! Those are nice fish for that high up. Were they hitting on drys?
[signature]
I was hoping for some dry action, but it was just too choppy. There were occasional rises, and I threw out a Hopper Dropper in which one did smack the hopper, but that was it.
Normally, an ANT and you can't keep them off.
[signature]
I would think that a small ant on a large lake would not get much attention. Hard to spot on a large flat space. Surprising. Are you talking like chernobyl ant size?
[signature]
A chernobyl ant is bigger than some of these fish[laugh][laugh]
No, regular #18. Like I said, this water is clear. When they rise they rise. Big groups of them. You see one rise over there, you cast over there and wait a minute. Something will hit it. It can be fast and furious.
Then you never know what you got till you reel it in [laugh][laugh]
[signature]
Sounds like a lot of fun.
[signature]