Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Post
Bearlake Mac (Utah) has encouraged me to post this report. Saturday & Sunday 8/02-03: Fished am in Boulder Basin between Black Island and Burro Point. Small boils of stripers in deep open water until about 9 am. Water clam, caught 14 stripers 14-20inches
Monday & Tuesday 8/04-05: Fished pm inside LV Bay between Black Island and Box Car Cove. 8/04 Small boils from 4-8 pm.Water choppy, caught 7 stripers one over 20 inches.8/05 water rough, very windy, caught 2 stripers.
Thursday 8/07: Fished pm inside LV Bay between Black Island and Box Car Cove. Caught 2 stripers.
Friday 8/08: Fished am LV Bay south & west of Sand Island. JACKPOT! Ran into a big boil that lasted about fifteen minutes! We were the only boat in this cove! Used the trolling motor to follow the boil and caught 12 stripers between 14-20 inches. Finished the day with 20 stripers! Water calm.
Saturday 8/09: Fished am LV Bay until 9 am, caught 7 stripers. Fished pm caught nothing. Big thunder clouds, rain, and wind.
Sunday 8/10: Fished am LV bay. Very few boils, caught 5 stripers.
Every fish was hooked with a Storm Wild Eye 4" pearl Shad. Every boil was found outside of Sand Island on both sides of LV Bay. We saw no boils near the LV Wash, Hole 33, or Government Wash. Boils seem to take place very quick. We were only able to make one or two casts before the boil disapeared. The stripers we caught were in fine health and stuffed with shad. It was a good week,Don and I think the fishing will be very good this fall.
Bay Sport
[signature]
NICE POST WELCOME TO THE BOARD
[signature]
what a great mead report, thanks BaySport! Good to have you here on the nevada board . . . is BLM or you the older bro?

[cool]

sm
[signature]
BLM is the older bro. He is a fishing machine.
[signature]
ha ha I've heard! he's given me advice before . .. very useful advice . ..

thanks for hanging out!

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Glad to see brother Dave came by for a visit and post a good report. He's turning into a Lake Mead expert. No bank fishing for brother Dave, oh no, he's into chasing boils and cast netting shad &live bait fishing for those stripers. He also likes the "flat and furious" halibut fishing on the coast. He's even dabbled into lake trout fishing but still in search of a big boy. We'll hook him up some day.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Thanks for the post, BaySport. Looking forward to future posts so all can take advantage of your Lake Mead experience. You're hanging with a good crowd here on the Nevada Board! [/size][/font]
[signature]
Great to have you on the board [font "Comic Sans MS"]BaySport and a Great report.[/font]
[signature]