Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speed Wrapper 2 review
Just got the Speed Wrapper 2 by Flex Coat last week. This is a very nice hand wrapper that mounts to the front edge of a table. The thread carrage and rod supports mount on a slide at the back of the unit. The supports and carrage extend outward toward you, giving easy access to the rod while on the wrapper.<br><br>The only draw backs I found to this unit are that the rod supports, which cradle the rod on 2 wheels, do not have a means of holding the rod down. With the thread carrage mounting behind and slightly above the rod, care must be taken to prevent the rod from jumping off the supports and causing slack in the thread. I have remedied this on my unit by attaching two pieces of aluminum flat bar to the support arms. This is easily done since the supports already have hole drilled near the back. I attached a small wheel on each so the wheel rests on top of the blank. Using a small pull spring attached to the flat bar I can hook it under the suport at any possition and give the tension I need. Works great.<br><br>All in all this unit is one of the nicest hand wrappers I have sean.<br><br>Lee's Custom Rods<br>The product of craftsmanship is quality