Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missoula, Montana
I was up in Missoula for a week and just got home last night. I had never fished there before but was stoked to give it a try. Got my license and hit a good sized stream called Rock Creek my first day fro 2 hours or so and landed a few whitties and colorful bow! The creek looks unreal with deep deep pools so i used nymphs to go after them trout lurking deep. Later that day i tried the Bitterroot River and struggled to set the hook on many slashing trout on my purple haze dry. I never can set the hook with dry any suggestions??? but next few days i went to Rock Creek as it was easy to wade and in the morning hours before the temps rose to the 90's i had good luck with pheasant tails and big stonefly imitators in almost every single hole i cast in! No huge fish but i caught westslope cutthroat, brook, rainbow, brown, and whitefish all in the same day. I was hoping to latch onto a large Bull Trout but no luck this time!

Next time i venture to these areas i will have my dry fly game fine tuned as that is what most people do up there says the shops!
[signature]
The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Missoula, Montana. -Norman Maclean

[Smile]

Thanks for sharing.
[signature]