Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rain and Cats
I live in wisconsin, and I am about 10 miles from the wonderfull wiscosin rver, If you have not been watching the weather you have missed the regular forcast for the last couple of weeks. It has been rain, the farmers are greatfull and so am I. The rain coming is like the dinner bell ringing for the local cats,they love the rain . It makes the river raise and fall almost on a regular bases. It takes no time at all to go out and get a limit if you want . Or do like I do and go out and just have fun catch and release it's a blast . So when it's raining by you, don't just stay inside and be bored. Go out and have some fun, the cats are more then happy to help out.. Good Luck[fishin][fishin]
[signature]
You guys have a limit on catfish? Here in Idaho there is no limit. Ron
[signature]
Yes here in wisconsin our limit is 15 fish, but when I go out it doesn't take long some days to limit out butI usually catch alot of fish in a day and don't keep any .I just take pictures and lettem back.. Good talking and Good Luck..[fishin][fishin]
[signature]
I know what you mean. Last weekend my son and I went for an over night trip. We fished from noon to 4 took a couple hours off we had a fish fry and went back to fishing until about 11:00 that night. The next morning we fished for about 4 hours. In total we fished about 18 hours and caught 38 cats.
Ron
[signature]

Those are some nice fish, it is always fun to catch lots of fish, and also have one of your best fishin buddies with you.. Good Job..
[signature]
Hell, I feel stupid now for not even knowing there were any cats west of about Texas. Guess it makes sense, though. I live near Chicago, so I'm always afraid that the rivers here are contaminated (I've caught a messed-cat that looked like it had been eating farm fertilizer once). What's the catfishing scene like in Wisconsin?
[signature]
Do you think this goes for all waters like lake mead NV? In the rare occasion that is does rain ill give it a try.[cool]
[signature]