Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fly Fisher
Hey guys, I just picked up fly fishing and was wondering where some decent spots are, preferably in the SE part of Utah (I live in Las Vegas) and what flies they're taking. I'm looking mostly for trout but bass and panfish aren't bad either. Thanks!
[signature]
Vegas sounds like a terrible place to be a fly fisherman [frown]. Can't help ya with SE Utah but maybe Riverdog will chime in with some help he heads that way quite a bit I believe.
[signature]
howdy big pecker. I live in pahrump so you do have to do alot of traveling to get some good flyfishing in. try eagle valley res.near Pioche.its a few hours from L.V. green bead head wooly buggers are working great right now.
p m me and ill give you more details.
[signature]
How far do you want to travel? I can provide you with some good resources for Southern Utah, but you will have to travel.

Schlitz-
[signature]
You can find excellent fly fishing in SW Utah if you don't want to have to travel all the way to the other side of the state...
[signature]
Yea I noticed this morning on my cell that for some reason I posted southeast when I meant southwest. I've heard the Santa Clara River is a good area to catch rainbows and browns.
[signature]
Santa Clara is good. Here's a link with a list of places to fish in southern Utah
http://www.utah.com/fish/southern_utah_f...waters.htm
Some of the lower elavation streams in SW Utah are extremely hot this time of year. Better to skip them in the summer.
[signature]
I wouldn't personally recommend the Santa Clara unless you aren't interested in big fish. I would recommend Kolob, Panguich, or Navajo for trout fishing. There are a few streams up Navajo and panguich way that can be good, too. If you want bass or panfish, Sand Hollow and Quail are hard to beat.
[signature]