Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8/11 22nd Street, Sea Angler
8/11 22nd Street, Sea Angler

Fish the ¾ Day Sea Angler with Capt Greg and crew. Made the long ride south to the Huntington Flats along with the rest of the fleet our first stop was chasing Barries under the birds but the fish were scatter and they wouldn’t come to the boat. So we tried to set up on a sand bass bite but the sand bass bite was very slow so we went back to chasing the Barries without much success, that is when the Capt told us that we had a fuel leak and that we would have to the end the trip early if the leak got worst. So we took off back up the line to the Horseshoe were the Capt was able to stabilize the leak and wile we were there the Calicos went W/O for one hour only. After that we headed back to the dock by 2:30pm one Barrie for the pan ten bass one Barrie C&R for CAST and a half fare pass.
Thanks Capt.Greg for getting us home safely.

One more thing there was a lot of mac's in the water Big and small from the Horseshoe to the Flats.
[signature]
ah I guess thats not too bad of a day. thats too bad to hear about the fuel leak. thats ok though.... to tell you the truth..I dont think many people like the sea angler. shhhhhh dont tell anyone! haha.

joe
[signature]

Hi there FTRDeckhand,

Thanks for the very nice report. Yes, sounds like it wasn't a bad day of fishing at all, and pretty good catching too. ha ha

Interesting about the late bite at the Shoe. I was on the Prmier yesterday and I believe I saw your boat there. We pretty much stuck it out both on the way (1 stop) and at the Huntington Flats before we headed back up the line towards home. We left the barries chewing!!!

Limits of barries for everyone on board with only a few sandies. Sometimes every boat has got its own counts.

Again, thanks for the good report.

JapanRon
[signature]