Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake George,NY
[unsure] Going to Lake George first week of Sept. What seems to work on this lake for that time of year. Lake Trout? Smallmouth Bass? or any other that may be hot that week.Staying at town of Lake George, Thanks
[signature]
I'll be fishing on George next week, but I'm going up to Hague. Can't wait !!!

The Lakers will be on the bottom in deep water, try using 4" spoons in a watermelon

color at a slow speed. You can also try for Salmon they usually hang around in

the thermal change area about 35' to 50' range. I haven't heard what they like

for lure color this year.

Smallies this time of year hang out in weedy areas 20' to 30' of water. I've taken

them on worms, spinners you name it it works. Pick up a lake map Hot spots,

They give you all the water depths and locations of good fishing grounds. Chief
[signature]
How did you make out on your trip this past summer. As I remember mine was very good with plenty of fish especially small mouth?
[signature]
Hey Chief, I had to pull the popup up to the area so I couldn't bring the boat.I took the wife out for a couple of hours but the water was very rough for her.Cost me $100.00 for four hours to rent the boat[crazy].I did fish a river by the campground and caught a couple of bass.Nothing to talk about.Going out today for the last time this season, tight lines
[signature]
[cool]I use a tent with a nice air matress that way I can pull the boat. I would like to get a camper top for the pickup so I can cut back on some of the gear I have to lug. I love to camp and fish. Where did you stay when you where there? I like Rogers Rock, nice sites and a great launch area. And you can also rent a bouy for the week. Also on that end of the lake the boat traffic is lighter. Hope you have a nice turkey day Chief
[signature]
We stayed at Lake George Escape Camping Resort.What a place, best campground I've been to.They have a bar,resturant,small boat rentals,all different types of sites.I did like the idea of the state camp sites on the islands that you use your own boat to get to, but the management won't do hard core camping. Happy Holidays
[signature]
hi gdn443,

you going to join us here on the board with some hard water action this year?
[signature]
Hey Dave, I'll be adding my two cents in from time to time. Also on the message board that was set up[aka lundrunner]But I'll keep the reports and oppinions going. The boat is tucked away till spring and if we get a light winter we will try to get out at ice out.I'll be scanning the boards daily, Tight Lines
[signature]
[cool]Where do you go just after ice out? Chief
[signature]
Hey Chief,Here in Ct. we can fish year round depending on the lake, till March 31.From then till the third saturday in April its catch and release.If I can talk the guy at the boat yard to tune up the moter early, we will hit some of the lakes that are local.Quabin Resavior in Mass. opens the second week of April, so we go up there for opening day.Last year they still had ice, so we didn't bother. We also tried to rent an ice fishing shack in NY for the weekend last year but came up empty. Tight lines
[signature]
Hi Gregg,

The only time I rented a shanty was uup at Port Henry on Lake Champlain for smelt fishing in early Feb.We had to reserve it weeks in advance. Smelting is a lot of fun and nice and warm in the shanty. I even made my own jigging equipment for the next trip up there. I'm a woodworker like you and just enjoy making things. I've been a carpenter for 30 years. Hopefully I can get on to Lake George after ice out for some down rigging action on the south end of the lake. We can use the boat launch at the beach until memorial day weekend. Chief
[signature]