Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ausable report
Went camping at old orchard park over the weekend.

Our target was walleye. Trolled the original river bed with crawler harnesses and jigged the drop offs with minnows.

No walleye to be found. Although my wife had something pretty big on that I only caught a glimpse of (white belly) that rolled under the boat and then was gone.

Caught a really nice northern pike (27 inch) and lots of smallies that were just under the size limit. All were returned to the water. They all hit on white n blue crawler harnesses.

We also caught our fair share of rock bass and hand size gills doing some pan fishing with the good ole worm and a bobber. All of those found their way into the frying pan over the campfire after a quick dip in some dry pancake mix and salt n pepper..... YUM YUM.

We had a great time and hope to try the walleyes one more time before the salmon start running. (Only 6 weeks to go.. I'm already starting to get the itch [Smile])

Mike
[signature]
Pancake mix makes a great breading,

to bad them rock bass count against your gill limit.

I will admit tho, I will add a few to my stringer if I am in need of filling a platter.

glad you had a great time,

thanks for the report.
[signature]
I will be fishing the AuSable above Alcona Pond next week , will let you know how it goes [fishon].
[signature]
I WANNA GO I WANNA GO HAHAHAHAHAA
[signature]
I won't know the day we are going until saturday , I'll give you a call .
[signature]