Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mosquito Lagoon Report
Capt. Rob Blake’s fishing report from Florida’s Mosquito Lagoon and Indian River-updated November 6th, 2001.<br><br>Due to extreme weather conditions, like wind over 25-30mph, and approaching tropical storms/hurricanes, I have not had any charters out over the past week. While I long for these winds and adverse weather to turn the other way, I have been spending a lot of my time at the vise and doing some long overdue boat maintenance, to include a new application of gel-coat along the keel of my Maverick Mirage HP.<br><br>From where I sit in my office, I can see the churned-up Indian River a block away and dream of calmer days. My new golden retriever puppy, Merkin, just sits here and watches my every move. For him, my presence is more comfort than any calm day could ever provide.<br><br>Anyway, water temperatures most certainly have dropped somewhat and I am anticipating some awesome fishing once this weather system passes. The boat is ready, the rods are rigged, and the fish are waiting…while we all wait for Mother Nature to finish her two week long case of the flu. <br><br><br>Capt. Rob Blake<br>www.redfishonfly.com<br>321-633-0923 or<br>321-544-5041<br><br><br>Contact Capt. Rob at 321-633-0923 or 321-544-5041.