Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, I'm EsoxPimp
[fishin]
Hello, I'm EsoxPimp and I'm new to this site. I was encouraged to introduce myself, so here I am.
I'm from New Mexico but we are relocating to the Idaho-Utah area. I'm really excited to hear that Utah got 1,000 true muskies to breed with pike to create their own source of tiger muskies, really awesome. [Smile]Along with BMX racing, tiger musky fishing is how my family loves to spend time together. New Mexico has 2 tiger musky. Having only 2 lakes has resulted in LOTS of fishing pressure, but these 2 lakes have a very high population of tigers per acre.
As much as I love tigers, I'll chase anything I can. I've recently been taking an interest in flathead catfish. I love to fish with flies and lures, as I was once a fly fishing guide. I don't promote lures or flies as being superior to the other, because it all has a place and time. It's all fun and that's what it's about. I'm online about once every 3 days, so I look forward to hearing your fishing experiences on this site.[Wink]
[signature]
Welcome to the site Esowpimp, you said on another post:
[quote esoxpimp]Hey Wiperhunter 2,
Where do you like to chase wipers? I've never been fishing for them but I hear they're a blast to catch. I love tiger muskies.[/quote]
The only lake in the Northern part of Utah that has wipers is Willard, so that is where I fish the most and yes they are a blast to catch. Look at my profile, I also chase those tigers too.
By the way, here is a link to the Utah boards:
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=55"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=55[/url]
WH2
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]Hi there esoxpimp and welcome to our membership. [/#008000][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]Quite a contrast between NM & UT. As a fisherman, would definitely prefer the latter. Good luck on your move.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Thanks Wiperhunter2 for the lead on where to fish for Wipers in Utah. Glad to hear you're a tiger musky fanatic too. Maybe in time soon to come, along with my son, we can go wet a line for tigers/wipers? Thanks for the link to the Utah posts, certainly help us guys who are new to the area.
[signature]
Hey Dryrod,

Glad to hear from you. I'm with you all the way on fishing Utah waters v.s. New Mexico. The tiger musky program that Utah is implementing is far superior to New Mexico's. With the true muskies being brought in to breed with the pike, they're going to be completely self sufficient. New Mexico has the diSadvantage of looking out-of-state for fertilized tiger musky eggs, but with the outbreak of VHS (disease where fish bleed internally and die) finding eggs free of this disease is becoming harder and harder to find. Because of not transporting eggs from hatcheries where eggs are infested, Utah is not going to have that problem. Hope to hit the water with you some time in the future.
[signature]
WiperHunter2: I saw your profile and that video with the fishing boat catching a catfish is pretty amazing When I get the time, I'll add photos of tiger musky catches that I have. My best outing for tigers, so far, was July of 2008. I boated 11 and lost 9 in 14 hours that averaged between 34 and 42 inches. People call them "the fish of 10,000 casts". It doesn't have to be that way, just got to know some of the tricks of the trade.[Wink]
[signature]
The Utah state record for tiger musky catch and release is over 53" but we also have a decent Northern pike population with the state catch and release record of over 49". BFT has a board for those toothy predators, here is a link to that board in case you have not found it already: [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=165"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=165[/url]

When are you planning to move up here and which state are you moving to, Idaho or Utah?
WH2
[signature]
We're actually taking the 1st steps now in Sept-October to move up there. As a family, Utah is better for the kids because they have 4 BMX racing tracks with the aba (www.ababmx.com). Every year, The track at South Jordan, Utah is host to the Rad Canyon National Championships which takes place usually every July 4th weekend. Also, for my love of tiger muskies. Sounds like Utah has decent pike fishing to? New Mexico's state record is 53 inches longed and weighed 36 lbs.. We hope to be completely moved to Utah by Spring 2011. [Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]