Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boat windshield
I have broken the windshield in my 1999 Crestliner 1750 sportfish. The dealer says they can no longer get one. Does anyone have any ideas where i might get a new windshield? Also, does anyone have a later model year of 1750 sportfish that I might be able to measure to see if a later year can be retrofitted to my boat?
Welcome to BFT. Awhile back, bassrods (Clifford) had to find a windshield for his boat and I can't remember where he found one. Click on his user name on one of his posts and send him a PM (Personal Message) and ask him where he found a windshield.
[signature]
This might work for you: [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/gforum.cgi?post=605313;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/gforum.cgi?post=605313;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed[/url]
[signature]
ive got a walk threw windshield id sale ya for $50
[signature]
Maybe find a place that would make a shield for you out of Plexy glass. TAP plastics used to make all kinds of stuff for my dads business, shims and such, windows for the sheds that got broken... maybe they could take some measurements and make one..
[signature]
[fishin] Thankx to all of you for your ideas and help. The boat gods Smiled on me and I found a boat shop in Minnesota that just purchased a bunch of Crestliner surplus inventory. He happened to have a windshield that will fit my boat. If you guys know of anyone else that may need crestliner parts, pass along this information.

Boaters Dream Marine
Swanville,MN
Brandon
[signature]
Berryhunter, just wondering how u came out with the windshield deal. That guy has some on ebay pretty decent price but u have to pickup local or handle shipping. Appreciate an update! Thanks
[signature]
It worked out well. I had to pay shipping which was about 350.00. The windshield itself fit very well. It is just a hair taller than the old one, have to really stretch the snap on cover to get it on. Other than that I am very pleased. A very hard item to find.
[signature]
Do you need a new windshield for your boat too?
[signature]
Crestliner has changed hands several time since 1999 and this may be the reason why you got this response from the dealer. The best way to find out for sure is to call Crestliner. Here's the number: (320) 632-6686. Just ask for customer service or parts.
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
Yes, I am looking for a walkthru for my 99 Prodeep V-17. It had a side console. I built the frame and glove box and put a windshield on but its not tall enough. If I can find one that fits the width, I can adapt the frame. Heres a couple pics of my project.
[signature]
Hey Trackerg, you did some pretty nice work on that w/s frame. Looks like you are quite the handyman, nice job.
[signature]
Thanks Dan, I am my own worst enemy. Cant seem to leave stuff alone! lol You should see the lift I built for the bed in my toy hauler.
[signature]