Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else looking forward to fall?
Here’s a couple of pics from 2009. Anyone else here that fishes great lakes salmon? The season is just around the corner and I’m already making preparations. I’m tying some new patterns and going over my gear. I don’t think I can wait any longer…

Blake

[Image: 1+-+2.jpg]

[Image: 1+-1.jpg]
[signature]
why of course they start up here end of august not that far away
[signature]
man oh man !!! If I was up there, I would be counting
days ( or hours) [Smile].

Peter
[signature]
Naw, I can wait for the cold weather. Still lots of warm weather and great fishin to take care of. It will come in time and will be here sooner than later. [:/] I am not a cold weather person.[:p] Nice pics though![cool]
[signature]
I've actually become a fan of the cold weather here the last couple years, don't even get me started talking about ice fishing.

Blake
Don;t do much ice fishing any more. Only went out once last year and that was the first time in at least 7 years. Maybe more this next winter.
[signature]
you guys can keep your hot weather, i prefer it nice and cool or down right freezing! i fish the weber when chunks of ice float past me and love freezing my strike indicators off! keeps the fair weather fisherman at home =-)
[signature]
I didn't say I liked the [#ff0000]hot [/#ff0000][#000000]weather, [:p]for when it gets hot I do like to head to the hills where it is cooler.[angelic][/#000000]
[signature]
I am a bit harder to please. I love open water, but I don't carer for the 90's. It is hard on the fish too.
70's would be a dream. One thing about the heat, you can only take so much clothing off (some less than others and some should think less[laugh])
but, cold you can always add layers.

I too love the rivers in the winter, but, they are becoming a thing of the past here in Utah thanks to to land owners.

Ice fishing might end up being my winter fix, or just move to a state that allows river fishing[cool]
[signature]
I am ready to visit the PM in Michigan flies only section so I too can catch some big salmon. But fall can hang back a while. I am still enjoying summer!
[signature]
you could always move out ther to CA sis... :-)
[signature]
Well since I am from Texas, you can imagine I am definitely ready for fall weather. Yesterday the heat index was 109, and that wasn't the hottest part of the afternoon. I prefer weather in the 50's-80 or so. I will fish until my fingers get numb, and would rather do that than just about faint from the heat. If I caught monster fish like you did, I would be looking especially forward to fall as well!
[signature]
I do not envy you that hot of weather.. Im sure the fall will be more agreeable to time on the water...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]